NEI Newkumet Explorations, Dallas & Midland, Tx

Hello, everyone,

This is my first time to connect with all of you and I hope some of you have had lease agreements or have sold your mineral rights to this company.

I want some feedback about the Newkumet operation before I lease or sell to them our Mitchell County, Tx. mineral rights.

Thank you

Didder

Helen,

If there is a large amount money (to you) involved in this transaction and you don't have an experienced oil and gas property lawyer familiar with the business in Texas, you should seek some help. There are several in good lawyer of this description in Midland, TX. And there is always member Buddy Cotton.

Thank you for your response and we certainly need to consider your suggestion.

There are 6 of us that own the mineral rights on about 1500 acres in Mitchell County and even as inexperienced as we are something seems amiss considering all the confusion and mistakes so far.

Travis Newkumet of Midland who has contacted us with offer to lease tells us that he would "rather not deal with attorneys as they run up the cost for everyone involved".

Helen

Mrs. Smith,

Attorneys can also keep you from getting scammed and swindelled. By all means find you an oil and gas attorney. It might be a good idea to "check out" this person from Midland. DON'T TRUST ANYONE IN THE OIL BUSINESS. PERIOD. THEY'RE NOT IN THE OIL BUSINESS TO HELP YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.

Mr. Liles,

I am the daughter of Ms. Smith and wanted to know about how to obtain a good attorney. Do we need to find one that is in Texas or can one from the state that she resides in help us out? All the owners involved live in different states and it would be my opinion that they should all use the same one for the sake of consistancy. Would you agree?

"How to obtain a good attorney"is a good question. A question I cannot answer. But I would definitely try to find 1 that practices here in the state of Texas. Good attorney is one phrase. Another phrase is good "honest" attorney. Like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. You just don't know. It's like trying to find a good doctor.

If you don't like him/her, fire him/her. I have fired 2 doctors in the last 4 years. I won't put up with their BS.

Yes, I would say everyone should use the same attorney and if possible one that specializes in oil/gas situations. That's just my opinion. Good luck.

Hey Gary, How do you know how much the family has? We don't have clear documents explaining what they have. We have been told that there is 1500 acres but I think they have changed it to 350. Who knows.

Gary L. Hutchinson said:

Helen,

If there is a large amount money (to you) involved in this transaction and you don't have an experienced oil and gas property lawyer familiar with the business in Texas, you should seek some help. There are several in good lawyer of this description in Midland, TX. And there is always member Buddy Cotton.

Gary L Hutchinson

Minerals Management