Needing Landman in New Mexico

HI There I have been trying to find a good land man in New Mexico. I have some areas that disappeared off the radar in 1985, I finally found them, A typo in the name. NM does not have a dormant law and these are still producing. All state land and ORRI. Lea County and Eddy County.

Yes I have looked at the menu for this site and found no one. My O/G attorney practices only in Texas and is of no real help at this time.

I have spoken with the operators then and now and they both agree I need to fix the documents with an amendment in order to get this back in to pay status. The court clerks in New Mexico also agree.

Any previous funds are lost at this time as it has been a while, some still may be in unclaimed though but have found none so far.

I am looking for someone to make sure I have all of the docs that need to be reviewed to accomplish this. He or she, should be able to also suggest an Attorney to finish the job if needed. Thanks in Advance, MK

You can look online in the bar association of New Mexico and find someone with oil and gas expertise. Many will have conflicts since they are already doing work for the operators. You may have to go through a few names until you find someone who can help.

1 Like

Martha, thank you for that suggestion, I would not have thought of it. :slight_smile: MK

You might be able to use a family law attorney as this sounds more like simple issue of fixing spelling errors.

1 Like

Again Martha, another good idea. Thank you. MK

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.