Needing Help with Producing Mineral Rights Offer

I will make this short and to the point. Several years ago an aunt left me and a few other cousins mineral rights. A few years ago, a company that I can’t remember the name, sent a letter to everyone offering $500.00 for the rights. Some sold but I kept mine. Now I am getting offers to purchase my producing mineral rights in Ellis County. Here is my question: Should I be receiving some kind of royalty payments if it is producing and who would I contact about that? Also I have read your forums and everyone seems to know the locations of their sites. I do not, the only thing I have is a serial number that is with the offer? Can I use the serial number to figure out where it is? I can post the serial number if I need to. Thank you for your help.

Welcome, If you have an API number which looks like a serial number, that is the unique identifier number for the well from the American Petroleum Institute. We can look it up for you. If your aunt left mineral rights in her will, they may be described in the will. You may also be able to look up your name, your aunt’s name, cousins, etc. in www.okcountyrecords.com and see if there is a description.

If there are royalties, it is the responsibility of the heirs to notify the operator and get into pay status. Parts of Ellis County are getting increased drilling, so it would be good to know where you are and what your activity might be.

Thank you for the reply I really appreciate it! I done some more digging and I found the location. It is S:7, T:20N, R:25W. The number on the offer that I spoke about in the original post is 0512-1511-03227. Any information you could give me would be a great. Someone I need to call etc. Thank you so much for your help.

Location is important! You have at least four horizontal wells. That number may be an internal code to the operator.

BJH Trust 7-20-25 1H API-35-045-23313-0001 Drilled in 2013. Chesapeake was the operator until Sept 17, 2015. Fourpoint bought them. Unbridled Resources is the new operator. Still online through July 2021.

JW Haffner 7-20-25 1H API-35-045-23319 Drilled in 2013. Chesapeake was the operator until Sept 17, 2015. Fourpoint bought them. Unbridled Resources is the new operator. Still online through July 2021.

Rader 7-20-25 1H API-35-045-23273 Drilled in 2013. Chesapeake was the operator until Sept 17, 2015. Fourpoint bought them. Unbridled Resources is the new operator

Kelln 1-7H API-35-045-23020 Drilled in 2011. Chesapeake was the operator until Sept 17, 2015. Fourpoint bought them. Unbridled Resources is the new operator. Still online through July 2021.

Chesapeake contact was: PO BOX 18496 OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73154-0496 ph:405-848-8000 contact:BOB CAMPBELL

https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/OG/Well%20Records/030AE1CB.pdf This is the transfer order. Page two has Fourpoint address and contact.

Then Maverick bought Fourtpoint and changed their name to Unbridled. So hunting everything down might take a while! 1111 Bagby Street, Suite 1600, Houston, TX 77002

You may have to contact each operator and see if they have funds in suspense for you. You will need to ask each one of them what legal documents they will require to put you into pay status. Check the Unclaimed funds in the Treasurer’s office in OK, also in the state in which your aunt lived and TX and Delaware.

Given the size of these wells, I think it may well be worth your time to hunt this down. Anyone who wants to purchase wants those royalties…

Thank you so much for your help! You have given me plenty to work with. I will now roll up my sleeves and get to it. Again thank you for your help.

Ellis County has a great resource to examine land records.

https://okcountyrecords.com/search/ellis#advanced-search I also like to run “gross production” reports at: https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_PublicSearchPUNbyLegal.php See image below for search tips.

Loggs, I’m speculating/guessing here. You say your aunt left you some mineral rights and you are not currently getting paid.

1. Was a probate in Oklahoma done that resulted in an order distributing the mineral interests to you and your siblings.
  2. I agree with Martha that you will need to contact the operator and ask if they show you as an owner. If so, why are you not getting paid. It may be as simple as they have no address for you.
  3. You might look for your aunt’s name in unclaimed property fund in Oklahoma and the state where she lived. If there are funds, that might indicate there is production.

Does the gross volume amount 49,200 mean that’s how many barrels of oil a well produced in a month? Any info greatly appreciated… TIA

Can’t answer that question unless you tell where the information came from. If it is on your statement, then it probably does mean that is how much was sold (not necessarily produced) in the month stated. Your net should be on the same line or the next line under depending upon the operator statement style.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.