Need release letter or Not

We recently had Tall City acquire our lease from Chesapeake in OCT.2013. They acquired everything except two sections of land, lease expired 1-31-2014.Been getting run around from Chesapeake and I have checked with Borden County clerk and nothing has been filed. Some one have ideas what I can do to solve this problem or do I really need that release? This property is in Texas and I Talked to TRC and they said they could not help in any way.

Richard, type the word Release in the search box on this forum and you will find discussions on this topic.

Richard Chesapeak is great at run around… They held one of my leases from 40’s by producing just enough to keep it… I finally got it broke and letters of release filed about a year and half after starting work on them…

1. First find a single contact at the corp level… Get his or her direct number and email.

2. Be persistent … Call them weekly and monthly… If they dragging feet on it, complain about lease, need to clean up area or maintain road ect… Find something that is going to cost them money and make them upkeep area…

3. Be patient not going to happen over night as much as you want… But stay on top of them it worked for me at least and I was hbp…