Need information on who to contact

Hello again thank you for the information . My situation got a little more complicated , as I was going through old leases and court papers . My oil and gas and mineral are restricted Indian land . I never knew any of this information when I got the will probated. Then I found out it had a house and a farm with a departmental lease . What is that ? Who do I even talk to ? I don’t live in Oklahoma . The papers I got came from Department of Interior Division of Probate back in 1935 till 50s it says Five Civilized Tribes. I wasn’t even thought of then . I was born in the 70s . My father had divided and undivided interests in this . I can’t afford to hire a professional at this time. I don’t know how to proceed in getting this transfered to my brother and I . The will that I had probated in Oregon would that have to get corrected?

3 Likes

I understand that you are in a difficult situation. You have inherited restricted Indian land from your father, but you are not sure how to proceed with transferring it to you and your brother. You are also concerned about the cost of hiring a professional and whether the will that you had probated in Oregon would need to be corrected.

I am not a lawyer, so I cannot give you legal advice. However, I can provide you with some information that may be helpful.

Restricted Indian land is land that is held in trust by the United States government for the benefit of Native American tribes and individuals. This means that there are certain restrictions on how the land can be used and transferred.

In order to transfer restricted Indian land to your brother, you will need to get approval from the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA). The BIA will review the will and other relevant documents to make sure that the transfer is in accordance with the law.

If the will does not specifically mention the restricted Indian land, you may need to get it amended. You can do this by filing a petition with the probate court in Oregon.

Here are some resources that you may find helpful:

1 Like

Thank You so much for your reply . I will get in contact with them and see what happens from there . Thanks

1 Like

Check the unclaimed funds in the state where your dad lived to see i anything was escheated to the state.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.