Need info on a Certificate of Interest

I have inherited a Certificate of Interest in something called The Ranger-Littleton Royalty. It dates from 1919, is in Eastland County and is named the Littleton Tract in the John W White survey (317 acres).

I would be interested in any background or history on this certificate.

Thank you,

Tonia Benoist

Tonia, Do you have a certificate copy. If not we need to find it in the Eastland County Courthouse. I am an heir on a Document of Ownership where the wording of 1919 is having its meaning as interest in - instead of - undivided ownership of - severing mineral and surface ownership. Bob Nash

Mr. Nash, Thanks so much for your reply. The wording at the top is, "Agent's Certificate to Holder of Interest in" The Ranger-Littleton Royalty. Then later on it say, This Certifies that . . . .is the owner of a 50/180 interest as set forth. . . . .

Names on this include F.B. Manley, A.M.Griffith, O.E. Foulke.

The body of document talks about a 'book 130' and page number.

Not sure if this is the information you need. Let me know I can send a pic of the Certificate.

Tonia Benoist

Just checked again, read the whole paragraph and it says "conveyed the undivided 1/32 interest in the Littleton Tract. . . ."

I would like to see it. The 1919 wording is different from modern mineral documents and new rulings on their interpretation can effect their value. please send to rcnash@gvtc.com

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas and live in the Dallas area, please consider attending the NARO – Texas Town Hall Meeting in Dallas at the SMU Cox School of Business, Maguire Energy Institute, on November 14, 2018 from 6-8 p.m. We will cover four timely topics, and the cost is only to cover the food provided (plus a cash bar) at $20/person. The Mineral Rights Forum is also a sponsor of this event and it is open to non-NARO members, but attendance is limited to about 80 people, so please sign up today! . A link to the signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-3096540?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=11/14/2018

Hope to see you in Dallas!

Wade Caldwell, Pres. NARO-Texas Chapter

Hello, A while back I wrote to this forum about an old royalty interest in Eastland County concerning an area called Ranger-Littleton. You suggested an office where I could research some of the information I am looking for. Could you remind me please where exactly that was?

Thank you very much,

Tonia Benoist