Need help with 22 oil and gas rights

Hi all,

This is my first post. I am very new at this. My grandfather was an abstracter in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I am inheriting 22 oil and gas rights, all in Okla. I live in California. I need to hire someone to research each of these. Besides needing an evaluation for estate taxes, I need to check whose name is on each, if it is producing and who by? I also need to change address and phone so I can be reached. Should I be contacting a landman? or is there someone else, possibly less expensive, who I can hire to go to the courthouse and help me? I would like to start with the 14 that I have in Creek county.

Thank you in advance, Jill Bromstead

In my opinion, a landman would be optimal only if you have a decent amount of information. For example:

1. heirship information such as probate(s), affidavits of death and heirship etc. explaining your family's chain through the Estate of your late Grandfather.

2. Documents, Deeds or possible exhibits showing claimed assets of your late Grandfather's Estate.

3. Revenue check stubs from production payments of his interests

Knowing the exact Legals (tract descriptions) associated with the interests in question is the biggest factor starting out. If you have some or all of these types of records ready to go, a Landman worth his salt should have no problem running title on them for you.

thank you Mitchell. I do have most of the above - wills, death certificates, probates, royalty stubs, and exact descriptions so I will contact a landman.

Do you know of anyone for Creek county, Okla? do you know approximately what I should be paying him?

Jill

thank you BP. I do have a lot of documents, etc. How should I find a Landman for Creek County, OKLA?

Do you have an idea of how much I should pay?

Jill

Scroll to the top of this page and click on Members, then click on Landmen.

Good luck,

Pat

Jill I know a pretty talented title guy that is looking for freelance work right now. He'd be perfect for this if you haven't found anyone yet...

Is he a landman?

Jill

Yes ma’am, I mentioned the term “title guy” because he’s

a landman that specializes in title. He’s one my company uses quite a bit.

The 22 oil and gas rights, all in Okla. I live in California. I need to hire someone to research each of these. Besides needing an evaluation for estate taxes, I need to check whose name is on each, if it is producing and who by? I also need to change address and phone so I can be reached. Should I be contacting a landman? or is there someone else,

-----------------

[url=http://rxmarine.com/Natural-Blue-Biodegradable-Cleaner-Degreaser] DEGREASER [/url]

If you want to add me as a friend here and send me a message, I think I can help you or at least point you in the right direction...

Yes, Tom I am interested. Do you know someone who could start with Creek County?

Jill