Need help valuing mineral rights in Stephens and Beckham Counties

I am looking for recommendations of someone who can provide assistance in valuing mineral rights inherited in from my mother upon her death in 2018. The mineral rights are now in our family trust, and they are the last item in the trust that needs to be distributed to close her estate. Only one of the three trust beneficiaries has children, and he is now interested in passing the interests to his children. We want to see if we can get an estimated value on them.

The three interests include:

Stephens County, OK Section 6-2N-8W - NW4 - 76.61 net acres

Section 29-2N-8W - SE4 - 15 net acres

Beckham County, OK Section 8-10N-23W - SE4 - 10 net acres

We are currently receiving royalties on the Stephens Co 6-2N-8W interests from Territory Resources.

Any suggestions on appraisers or other individuals who could help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the recommendation!

I wanted to follow up on your recommendation of Mark Oates and thank you again for pointing me in his direction. He was incredibly helpful in providing an appraisal for our mineral rights in Oklahoma, and subsequently preparing deeds to facilitate the sale of the rights and transfer of title to the family trust of one of the beneficiaries. He responded quickly to my original query and has continued to provide excellent support and service.

Trying to understand and manage this part of my mother’s estate has been a long and confusing enterprise, and with Mark’s assistance, I’m hoping to finally wrap up this chapter and finish with a happy ending.

Mark is a good guy to have as an advisor.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.