Need help understanding offer received for Lots 1 and 2 and S/2 NE/4 of Section 6 Township 16N Range 7W I.M. - Kingfisher County

My grandmother gave me a net 7 mineral acres of a 125 acre plot in Kingfisher County in 1988. The legal description is: Lots 1 and 2 and S/2 NE/4 of Section 6 Township 16N Range 7W I.M. - Kingfisher County.
I have recently received a letter from a land man with an offer to purchase. I know better than to take a first offer. I gather from this forum there is drilling going on but I can't quite figure out how it relates to what I own and what I can expect . . .
Any information and help would be greatly appreciated. Should I consider selling or keeping? That kind of thing.

You are about to get a horizontal well by Devon which is why you are getting the offers. I would suggest hanging onto it as it should be a good well. The section to the SE of you has six wells, so the potential for you to have quite a few wells in the future is high. The group offering to buy is hoping you don't know that and will take their "low" offer.

To get a general idea of what is going on in the area, look up the most recent investor presentations for Devon, Newfield and Marathon online. Friend me if you want more info. I have acreage close to you.

Thanks so much for the info. I'll friend you as soon as I figure out how to do that.