Need help in filing papers

I need help in filing the right papers for Sec 24 TWP 7NORTH RANGE 6 EAST in Seminole County Oklahoma . I have wells in Hughes County Oklahoma as well , but I haven’t received no Mineral Payments for Sec 36 TWP8 NORTH RANGE 8 EAST . I was also under the impression that there was gas involved too . Has any body explored the gas ? I have many questions because I found some papers that lead me to believe that I need to send my father’s will which has been probated in Oregon to Oklahoma in the County of Seminole and to Hughes County . These are restricted indian lands . So what do I do? I can’t afford a lawyer and my brother and I live in Oregon . Everything is a mess ! The land in Seminole is just sitting there cuz my grandpa died when he was 35 , in 1935 . My father didn’t tell us nothing before he died in 1994 , which I have a letter from Department of Interior, saying he was heir to his mother’s estate , which he was getting two different royalty percentages . When my mother got my father’s royalty percentage it was only his and not my grandmother’s . So is my grandmother’s percentage sitting somewhere ? How do I go about getting this straightened out ? I have no money to seek professional help what so ever. Plus the royalty we are receiving has been sent to another company without giving us a lease ! Sunoco had sent us leases back in 2012 and now there in trouble for underpaying us which we haven’t received any thing . I need help ! Please and thank you

There are many steps you can take. My first suggestion is to contact Atchley resources in Oklahoma city to determine if they show your father (or you and your brother) in title. Atchley appears to be the operator of the wells in this section. If they don’t, then you will need to determine why they don’t.

It is possible that your father or grandparents lost their interest due to failure to pay taxes on the surface, or a lawsuit or one of many other reasons.

Now, if they aren’t in title, you will need to determine whether it is worth it to pursue it any further. Many helpful people on this website can aid you, but what you need is a landman or a lawyer to find out what the situation is. They aren’t going to want to do this for free, unfortunately.

Even if you can’t afford a lawyer or a landman, you might be able to find one who would work to figure this out for a negotiated share of the mineral interest you own.

Thank you for your response . What is a land man ?

A petroleum landman is a man or woman trained to search land titles and online oil and gas well sites. These individuals would be able to determine what you own, if is producing, and an approximate value of what its worth.

Essentially, they are consultants you would hire to advise you on what you own and what future steps need to be taken,

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.