Need Help in Dunn County, ND area

I need help finding an attorney in the area. I am assisting my parents (in Texas) with research in the Dunn county area and need legal help as I am not getting very far. Any help or referral would be a great help.

Shawn, I wish I could help you. I live in San Antonio & need a referral for a GOOD lawyer in the Killdeer area so I can place my mineral rights in my niece's name for her to have when I die without trying them up in probate. I want them to be a separate gift. It's my understanding on transfer like that they have to filed in the court office in the county. I was given the name of a lawyer in Williston ND, but they never bothered to contact me back. Either too busy, don't want to be bothered because it's a different county. Let me know if you have any luck,

Thanks, Kay

Mr. Cartwright, if you are looking for something in the recorded records from the last 25 years, it can probably be searched online with the NDRIN Recorders Network for a $25 subscription. If you really do need a lawyer close enough to search records in the courthouse , I wish you luck because they are all fairly busy.

Kay, you may not need a lawyer in ND. a Texas lawyer should be able to draw up the paperwork and send it to the appropriate county recorder to be recorded. It has been my experience that it is much easier to deal with attorneys face to face.

Kay Maas said:

Shawn, I wish I could help you. I live in San Antonio & need a referral for a GOOD lawyer in the Killdeer area so I can place my mineral rights in my niece's name for her to have when I die without trying them up in probate. I want them to be a separate gift. It's my understanding on transfer like that they have to filed in the court office in the county. I was given the name of a lawyer in Williston ND, but they never bothered to contact me back. Either too busy, don't want to be bothered because it's a different county. Let me know if you have any luck,

Thanks, Kay