Need division order with NPRI help

I would like to hire someone to help me decipher and calculate/verify the NPRI on a division order. I already have a relationship with a lawyer but don’t want to pay lawyer prices. If anyone has experience in this area I would like to talk with you. I have a spreadsheet with the majority of the NPRI accounted for. I need help with how to allocate the numbers between 2 areas in one section. Some of the NPRI pertains to one area of the section and some pertain to both areas of the section. I have a division order for each area of the sections being the N/4 of the W/4, and the SW/2 of the S/4.

Debra,

I’ve had trouble accessing the actual messages posted in The Mineral Rights Forum since they switched over to a new system. I got your post delivered as a message to my inbox, but I’m unable to see it directly in The Mineral Rights Forum. I would like to help, if I can, but I won’t accept payment for it. It would be better if you could email me. I have some questions, and you could send your spreadsheet to my email. I’m the supervisor of Division Orders for GEP Haynesville, LLC.

Marsha Breazeale

2 Likes

Is this for a horizontal well? Which section, township, range, county and state? Do you know the spacing for the well?
The general formula is net acres/spacing acres x royalty. If you have a horizontal well going over more than two sections, then a third term is applicable and it is: net acres/spacing acres x royalty x % perforations in your section. (For Oklahoma). Texas is just slightly different as it is an allocation by feet. The description reads a bit strange. Usually you have W half, not quarter. Same for the South. It should be South half. The single letter designations are for halves (N,S,E,W) and the doubles are for quarter sections (NW, NE, SW, SE)