Need advice from oil gas Attorney please

My Father is David he died in 1992 HOW can I recover these mineral rights

Yes I agree you need legal assistance and I am not an attorney. First Kaufman County, TX which is a thousand miles from any Bakken Shale. To me the document is confusing in the respect it seems to convey a royalty vs mineral interest and it only conveyed a 1/16 and a 50% interest. What happened to the balance of her royalty? Secondly, the document commentary references her lease meaning there was, a one time, mineral ownership. Did the royalty balance plus the mineral rights remain in the name of the estate?

That said, if this was a producing entity, there were most likely mineral taxes so was the balance part of a Sheriff`s tax sale?

You will need title run to answer any of these questions and answer your initial question.

I am also not an attorney. The distribution gave 1/6th to each of the three children (3/6ths) and the other 3/6ths to the children’s home, so that makes sense. You will need a landman to run title to see if you have full minerals (1/6th) rights or just had royalty rights to that one well. You need to contact an oil & gas attorney to make sure the transfer to you is recorded properly. Did your father have a will or did he die intestate? That will make a difference. The Directories tab above has lists of professionals that can help you.

No my father did not have a probate or a will so I’m told my uncle now deceased used a erroneouse affidavit of heirship and I just found out last December any and all info regarding my fathers interests

Have you reached out to the operator of the unit (if it still exists)?

A landman or title consultant can help you run title to confirm what is owned and help get things sorted. To get title transferred to your name may require an attorney.

Good luck~

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.