Need a mineral rights attorney

Looking for some helpful advice. I have begun receiving letters about my 5 acre parcel in Reeves County. A company is interested in purchasing my mineral rights, and I need to do my homework to see if selling vs. leasing makes more sense. Can anybody recommend a good attorney in the area who specializes in these matters? Thanks

John Doumany with Albert, Neeley & Kuhlman, L.L.P. in Fort Worth, TX

817-877-0055

If you sell, you give up all the rights to any profit that may come from drilling. Perhaps you should counter with an offer for them to lease. I was recently offered to lease for $1500 per acre and a 25% royalty to everything that comes out of the ground. I am just northeast of Pecos.

Try Judd and Jacks, out of Fort Worth, (817) 763-9426. They are reviewing my lease for me.

Lease. Buyers will only offer 1/10 of what it is worth, or less. That area has some unbelievable wells, and royalties!

How did this turn out for you? I have been offered $4000 per acre in Reeves county to sell my mineral rights. Is this ever a good idea? I need some advice from anyone willing to give it.

I think it is generally accepted as a BAD idea to sell mineral rights in west Texas.