Need a Landman who works Milam county area

I’ve got a lot of research done, by tracking back from deeds referencing previous deeds {vol+page} back to early 1900’s, but really need more research on specifics.

Know anyone in the general area?

I do not at this time. Were your minerals ever leased? Houston Petroleum had leased a large area and had run title but they sold to Houston Gulf Energy Company. HP used a landman but I believe he now works for a petroleum company and us no longer an “independent“. Where are your tracts located generally?

When we bought the properties in late 90’s, there were abandoned tanks, separator, and pump jacks. There are a number of recently leased and active wells around me, all different companies, and many jacks were recently pulled and replaced by solar powered monitors. I would think after all these years this Minerva oil field would be pumped out.

Since we’re selling, I just wanted to clarify any passing rights for potential buyers.

The Minerva field is proof that production can last a long time. I checked the RR Commission drilling permit site. Since 1977 over 3,495 permits have been filed. However, the real story is that on July 26, 1921, on the W. P. Henry farm, eight miles north of Rockdale, a well producing 25 barrels of oil per day came in.

This was the birth of the Rockdale-Minerva Oil field. By December the yield was two hundred barrels daily. Oil was not in demand at that time and much of the oil was stored or shipped out in rail cars.

So, your trace back to 1900 and your own experiences since your purchase in the 90’s should give you somewhat of a feel for what mineral interest you acquired .