NE/4, N/2 of the SE/4 of s33, township 24 s, range 36e

i leased with ameredev back on 9/15/2017 and have heard nothing else. can anyone update me?

Hi Mary,

There are no permits yet for your Section, Township and Range. So unless you’re pooled in with another Section, I do not see any current activity according to the New Mexico Oil Conservation Division website.

http://ocdimage.emnrd.state.nm.us/imaging/WellFileCriteria.aspx

thanks for the info. does anyone feel their would be any interest in this area in the future.

Just in case you missed it, Lea County has now been named the county that produces the 2nd most oil per month in the USA.

Lea county has one minor problem. As of right now, they have to use a 'pipeline on wheels ’ ie rail or truck. However, a pipeline is being extended from Midland, Tx to Hobbs, NM since mid 2017. It should be complete some time in 2020 (next year) and once that occurs, they will see a drop in transportation costs for the oil to the refinery.

The next couple of years could see LEA county oil production increase even more than now. There is a lot of production capability that has not been started.

In just the past couple of years, the drillers are now drilling eight holes from one drilling platform and then can pump eight times the oil from one specific platform that drilled the holes. Once the platform is done, it is removed and leaves eight pipes coming out of the ground and into storage. Very impressive sight to be sure.

In the next two years, tech advances could easily push the amount of oil being pulled from the ground , well above 10% - they are currently getting about five/seven percent from the ground right now. They don’t like leaving all that oil in the ground and are working every day trying to get more oil from the hole in the ground.

2 Likes

hey JRW appreciate all the valuable info. i guess we can sit back and wait for good things to come.

You are on the edge of the Delaware Basin (where the horizontal drilling is taking place) and the Central Basin platform (shallower, home of most of the older vertical drilling). Ameredev has a couple of good wells online recently a few miles West of you, but geology is going to change dramatically along the transition from basin to platform so not sure if that means anything great for you or not. Lea County is killing it, but that is mostly 15 or so miles further West. I’d guess if prices are high that people will probe around this area testing the extent of things moving East. But that could take a while and may or may not work out.

Good luck.

1 Like

There are horizontal wells permitted several miles to the south and west of your section. So activity is moving toward your minerals.

thanks for your help. sit back and wait and see what happens.

thanks for all your insight. will keep my fingers crossed. thanks again.

thanks for your thoughts on this area. i guess only time will tell.

Please share your source of the map system. I have 12 locations in Lea county I would like to monitor. My acreage is mostly on the plateau.

Archie, I have access to a license for IHS Petra which is kind of pricey. So basically I am cheating.

Thanks for sharing. There are several software services that can cure all ills but little real user commentary or examples. ADS