ND Attorney

Looking for recommendations for a landowner/mineral owner attorney with Bakken experience in ND. Thanks.

Did you find attorney in Bakken

Hi, I hope I may be able to help you out. My mother has an oil/gas lease with XTOEnergy that was initiated five years ago and I often help her with her financial matters. At that time we knew nothing about this business. I am a real estate Broker in Arizona and with my limited experience with water rights in Az, combined with my real estate background, I knew My mother needed legal advise before signing the contract. Fortunately, I have a friend from ND who had worked for some attorney’s in the area and she was able to provide a good referral for us. We hired Dennis E. Johnson in Watford City, ND to review and advise us on the lease. Dennis was terrific to work with and he did “tweak” mom’s contract before she confidently signed. Now, that was five years ago. My last contact with Dennis was probably 3-4 years ago when we sought an appraisal as mom was receiving lots of offers to purchase her mineral rights. Dennis did give us the name of an independent appraiser as well. Because it has been a while, I cannot guarantee he may still be reached at this contact information, but here it is:

Dennis E Johnson Johnson & Sundeen P.O. Box 1260 Watford City, ND 58854 701-444-2211 Email: dej@ruggedwest.com

Best of luck to you

Until now, it has been almost impossible to find a reputable attorney in North Dakota that was not conflicted out by the oil companies. One trick they do before ever letting anyone know of a development is, they hire the local attorneys to do title work or something small, so then they are conflicted out, and cannot represent the landowners...Dirty

I would like to recommend Spencelawyersnd.com (Jerry Spence Law Firm), Atrella Law (Denver based), and Mackoff Kellogg Law Firm in Dickinson. Plus, last month was a record number of attorneys taking the bar exam in the state due to the corruption and fraud by the oil companies....

Don't worry, as I too have been raped and pillaged by GMX Resources, and Lynn Helms, Director of Oil and Gas Commission will not do a thing about it, as he works for the oil companies, obviously, not the landowners who pay his salary.....Let's unite people and get rid of the corruption.

By the way, you do not have to sign a lease. Nor do you have to come up with your share of the well as it is OUR OIL and they should only get 15% for letting them help. NO MORE LIES FROM THE LANDMAN, OIL COMPANIES, AND OBIOUSLY THE DIRECTOR OF THE OIL AND GAS COMMISSION NEEDS TO DO HIS JOB FOR US, NOT THE OIL COMPANIES!!!

I have way more information that I have gained, and if you would like a great lease, call Missori River Royalty Corporation out of Bismarck. They are at least real good North Dakotans that do care. If not, message me and we will figure out what to do with your natural resources, local style as we have plenty of money in the Bank of North Dakota!! Luv all and have a great day!!!