Natural Gas to liquid

Recently was by six wells drilled west of Ackerly by Birch Operations. API 31743866 is one of them. There is equipment and tanks and it appears they are liquifying the Natural Gas and transferring the gas into trailers. Has anyone seen this? Does it mean that gas is the predominant flow from these wells?

Liquifying natural gas is extremely expensive and requires a HUGE facility and would never be occurring on a single well. They are probably extracting the heavier hydrocarbons (propane, butane, etc) for sale before using the gas for fuel and/or flaring it. A Company called GTUIT makes small portable processing plants that do this and it is becoming somewhat prevalent in the area.

well they are doing something. there is no flare. Larger compressors (5) side by side and the tanker trailer has EDGE LNG on it. maybe liquifying methane out of the well. either way, it is something going on and trying to understand what it is.

I stand corrected. I looked up Edge LNG and they do small scale liquefaction of stranded gas. My guess is there is no pipeline takeaway available for those wells. I’m certain the economics of liquefaction are not as good as pipeline sales.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.