Name change

Thanks for adding me to your group! My mother has mineral rights in Hughes county. My question is this…she is 82 years old and wanting to change this to mine and my sisters name. Do I have to hire an attorney to process this or can I do this myself? Not sure how to go about this?? Thanks for any assistance I can get.

Sure. You could always download one from online and do it yourself. But, why not call around and "shop price" for an O&G attorney who could draw one up for you. Be sure he includes rights to ingress and egress. You will need the legal description of the property. The deed will need to have the seller sign, notarized, then filed at the courthouse where the minerals are.

It's a fairly simple form to generate, but, personally, I'd rather have an O&G attorney draw it up for me.

Good luck,