NADOA Division Order Model Form - Amended 01/17

NADOA apparently amended their model form division order 01/2017; the form now requires the mailing address, telephone number and email address of the party who witnesses the royalty owner’s signature. My friend (my witness) is not to keen on providing his private information to a company he has no business with. I did check the NADOA website and this form is now their recommended form. This additional information requirement seems overly invasive. I have received division orders since 2017 with out this new witness info. Has anyone else received this new form? Are people providing their witness phone number and email; or ignoring. I’m thinking of returning the division order without the extra info. I am interested in anyone else’s actions regarding this amended division order form. Thanks.

1 Like

I just asked the resident expert on Division Orders at NARO. For Oklahoma, no Division Order is required at all, no witnesses are required. I do one anyway, just to have a paper trail and be able to point back to it if there are any problems years down the road. (and to give my family a paper trail!).

She is reaching out to other states to find out their rules. Will get back with any new information.

1 Like

Why don’t you need a division order in Oklahoma

Model Divison Order.pdf (149.0 KB) Here is a copy of the Model Division Order.

Each state has their own laws regarding Division Orders. In Oklahoma, signing a is not mandatory. For example, Texas must have a signed DO in order to get paid. I always sign them in OK and keep a copy so I can have a paper trail for the future.