N.D. well - spacing/drilling unit naming convention confusion?

I gave myself the impression that, for example, my well outside Williston, called Mary #3-10H located in T157-R100 Sec3 is a well on section 3 that is pooled with section 10. So going by this I am a little confused with a well in the same section called Hanson #27-34. Does this mean only section 27 and section 34 owners get paid and i receive nothing for a well on my section?

Sorry, that’s Hanson #34-27H.

Shirley:

Looking at the GIS map, it appears that Sections 27 & 34 make up the 1280 spacing unit. If your minerals are not located in either Section 27 or 34, you would not be in this spacing thus you would not be paid royalty.

I think the well is in sections 27 & 34; maybe someone put it on the wrong place on a map!!!

Offsite drilling is common practice. Sometimes it is to save expenses sharing a pad,pipeline and road, sometimes it's because it's the only flat spot around. I have a couple of offsite drilled wells in one of my spacings because it's the only flat spot around, but I'm sure they take advantage of having a single road and sharing a pad also.

Thanks guys, I get it. It’s started in my section but the producing part of the well is in T158 R100 sec 34 and into sec 27. Fair enough. So that leads to another related question, the Mad Dublin #1-3H (i love the name). How does it start in 3, skip sec 2, and start again in sec 1?

Shirley:

Looking at the GIS map, I can't see what you are saying. Is this just a permit as it does not show up on the well listings in the Dublin Field. I notice that Zenergy Inc. (Hanson 34-27H) File # 21747 is currently listed as "confidential". The Mad Dublin is File # 21748.

And how can i see if my interests (T157 R100 Section 3: Lots 1,2 S1/2NE1/4, and Section 10: NW 1/4) are included in this recently formed unit:

" an order extending the field boundaries and amending the field rules for the Dublin-Madison Pool to create and establish four 320-acre spacing units comprised of the N/2 and S/2 of Section 3, and the N/2 and S/2 of Section 10, T.157N., R.100W., Williams County, ND, authorizing the drilling of one horizontal well on each spacing unit"

To Charles: my assumption is from the confidential list. Hanson #34-27H states it is in sec 3. The closest sec 34 is across the road, in T158.

Yes these would just be permits, but I have been given their scheduled spud dates.

Shirley:

The fastest way would be to contact the NDIC by either phone or email and let their staff answer your question. In the past, I have contacted them regarding similiar questions and they are always prompt with an answer.

Use caution when trying to decipher well names, operators change their naming convention as their programs evolve and sometimes they may change bh locations on the well, but won't change the well name so they don't have to redo all the paperwork. I would dive into the permit to figure out where the well goes.

Thank you all. Good info.