Mystery TX reference numbers

I'm researching some mineral leases from my mother's estate here in Texas, and have found additional reference numbers in her notes that are a mystery. In addition to abstract and survey data, there is a reference of TX553-02 to a Polk county lease and TX557-01 to a Waller county division order. Does anyone know what the numbers refer to?

Any help would be appreciated,

Jeff

Dear Mr. Markwart,

This sounds like an internal number generated by the Operator.

do you have any info for the polk county lease? i also have a lease out of polk county. is there anything going on in polk county.

thanks

mary

Buddy,

I have found three of these numbers in her notes that utilize the same format (TXxxx.xx),but appear to be from three different operators: Atlantic Richfield, Unit Petroleum and Exxon/Forrest Oil. Is it probable that that the same operator could be managing all three of these wells?

Jeff
Buddy Cotten said:

Dear Mr. Markwart,

This sounds like an internal number generated by the Operator.

Buddy Cotten

Mineral Management

Hi Mary,

The Polk County Lease has been actively producing since 2005 and contains one of the reference numbers I have been asking about - TX553-02.

Jeff

mary said:

do you have any info for the polk county lease? i also have a lease out of polk county. is there anything going on in polk county.

thanks

mary

After digging further into earlier family documents, I finally found that the source of the mystery document numbers was the trust department of a local bank that generated them to catalog my Grandfather's trust holdings. My mother carried them forward in her notes, without citation, and confused all who came after!

Thanks to all who responded - mystery solved.

Jeff