My wife, Jackie

Over 6 years ago, I asked for prayers for my wife, Jackie. The response was wonderful and I read each one to her. Any responses to this will be read to her while she had the ability to comprehend.

Sadly, last Wednesday, after 51 days at M. D. Anderson, she was discharged to hospice at our house. I was her sole caregiver for those years and I would not exchange them for anything.

It is time for her to rest. She had fought long and hard.

Please pray for peace and rest for Jackie and myself

“Thus saith the Lord ; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears; for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the Lord; and they shall come back from the land of the enemy.” Jer. 31:16

Many of our loved ones are in the land of the enemy, but God will rescue and save them.

God’s word has power, it is encouraging to trust, even when all the circumstances around us say the opposite.

Trust and obey .

When we walk with the Lord in the light of his word, what a glory he sheds on our way! While we do His good will, He abides with us still, and with all who will trust and obey.

Trust and obey for there’s no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey.

Thank you to all of my friends who have supported her and myself through this

God’s blessings to you.

Buddy Cotten

7 Likes

Jackie, Praying for you and Buddy and hoping your pain is minimal during this time. I am thankful you have Buddy by your side, and know him to be a caring and thoughtful person. God’s peace and blessings to both of you.

2 Likes

From the words of our Lord, “Do not let yours hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And it I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Jackie, May you be comforted that your way is clear and Jesus is waiting to take you home where there is no more pain and only complete joy. Buddy, well done, good and faithful servant. Praying for rest and comfort for both of you. Abide in Him.

2 Likes

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her Ephesians 5:25 You are a great example of this passage.

2 Likes

Wishing both you and Jackie peace.

1 Like

Buddy,

You and Jackie are both in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

1 Like

buddy, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

1 Like

Jackie went on to be with our Lord yesterday at 3:35 PM

1 Like

Buddy, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious wife. Won’t it be a Glorious Day when she greets you at Heaven’s gate? God Bless you are your family during this time.

1 Like

Buddy, Prayers for you and your family.

1 Like

Buddy, My heart goes out to you. I pray for comfort and condolences to you. You will continually be in my prayers for you. Peace and comfort be with you.

Buddy, I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. When I talked to you about 3 weeks ago you told me that she was failing fast but I didn’t realize she was that bad. If you need someone to talk to give me a call…I type this with tears in my eyes…you know I went through the same thing about 1 1/2 years ago. It’s as though a part of your heart has been torn out. It’s tough but you are a strong person and you will survive. You are in my prayers.

Clint Liles

1 Like

Buddy, very sorry to hear and thinking of you!

1 Like

Dear Buddy, Praise God that Jackie is no longer in pain. Thank God that you were her only caretaker. The memories you made in a life time will carry you forward, I’m so sorry for your Loss. Sincerely your Brother in Christ, Chris Wilson

1 Like

Folks: It takes a person of Great Faith to express it publicly now days. Buddy, there are no words that comfort sufficiently the ache in your life, except the Promise we cling to, of Hope that our Lord Jesus gives us. He promised us that everything ends Perfectly for those that Believe in Him. The wisdom of the world cannot fathom this Promise. I encourage and pray that you will cling to His Promise.

Incidentally, there is wonderful book, “Book of Mysteries” by Jonathan Cahn in which Day 286 will give you some comfort when you are ready. Look it up, you will be Blessed I think. andy

1 Like

All primary care givers go straight to heaven when they die.