My mineral rights

How can I find out if there is any interest in my mineral rights in Latimer County, Oklahoma?

Make sure that your name and contact information are filed with the county clerk in Latimer along with a description of your acreage. That is where landmen go to find title if they are interested in leasing.

If you post your section, township and range, we can let you know if there is current leasing, permitting or OCC cases.

I was curious because I’ve suddenly started getting offers to by my land. I will send the necessary information.

Offers usually mean “something is up”.

1 Like

It sure worked for me as M Barnes just said. No interest at all for decades, then comes the offers when permits are approved. One small portion that was apparently worthless, now has 7 wells on it. Sure was tempting to sell back then! So glad I didn’t.

1 Like

Here is the description: 0000-29-03N-21E-001-00, 80 acres. N2sw 345/300 525/103 618/223

I do not know what those last numbers are. Do you know which county? Latimer or Beaver? One is in the Indian Meridian and one is in the Cimarron Meridian.

It is in Latimer County.

1 Like

Not particularly important to the discussion, but the 345/300, 525/103 & 618/223 are the books and pages of instruments pertinent to Hoopster’s mineral interests.

2 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. Duh… No leasing in the last two years. All production seems to have ceased as of 2020. Time will tell on the offers. Anyone who offers would like to make a profit off of you because that is their business. They usually know more than the mineral owner about what future plans in the area might be.

You can search some Latimer County records here: https://okcountyrecords.com/search/latimer#advanced-search

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.