Mountrail County ND mineral rights /HESS

My cousins and I recently found out we had mineral rights to a tine little piece of land, we all leased to Hess. I know my wells name and when it was taken off the confidential list, but don’t know where to look to see if it’s producing, and what…oil or gas. Is there a website that lists wells and how much they produce? I am so green at this, and it’s such a small piece of property, I sure could use some help.

Nancy,

Here is a link to the Bakken Shale Discussion Group

http://groups.google.com/group/bakken-shale-discussion

You can put your well name in and search. Most of the initial production numbers for wells in this area are posted by a member of the blog. If your well doesn’t show up, then sign up and ask for the production numbers for your well.

Jay

Thanks Jay … I’m so new to this it’s embarrassing

Have you looked on the ND Industrial Commission Website? If you sign up for the premium features you can get more information such as production statistics on individual wells. https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/

Thanks- that is just what I needed. It says they drilled an OG well in 1985, but it was dry. Do you think this would make any difference in the chance of drilling now?

Great Kelsey! I’m on my way to Nordstrom! (Just kidding of course…)

Kelsey McNew said:

If this well was in a shale play area then back in the 80’s they didnt have the technology to extract it. My inlaws had a well drilled sometime back then in the Fayetteville Shale Play in Arkansas and it didnt produce, but now that the companies have the technology to fracture the shale to produce gas they have drilled four wells on the same property(hundreds of acres). Two of them being within about 50 yards of the old capped well. So there is a good chance that you could see a well drilled now even though back then it was dry.

mary Gress said:
Thanks- that is just what I needed. It says they drilled an OG well in 1985, but it was dry. Do you think this would make any difference in the chance of drilling now?

Nancy- surely someone has thought of a seminar or convention for people like us who want to learn the boilerplate on this stuff. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

I’m sure that North Dakota has a oil and gas commission or something similar (you can google North Dakota “oil and gas commision”) to obtain a website. If you have a legal description of the mineral interests you own you can find out if there are any producing wells and the amounts they are producing. The state Oil and Gas Commision obtains production, drilling, intent to drill and other information related to both oil and natural gas resources.

Vic in Oregon