Morgan County CO Oil & Gas leases

I have some inherited mineral rights in Morgan County CO (T6N R60W 6th PM Sec l5:N1/2). I recently received several offers to lease these rights and I signed the first one that came without doing any research. Big Mistake! Had no idea there was so much info on the internet or that it could be so complicated. Can anyone tell me what is going on out there, any increased interest in the area, etc. Also, is there any way I can track the progress of this company if and when they decide to drill. Thank you.

Patricia:

While I am not totally familiar with this area, I would guess that your minerals are part of the Niobrara Shale play which has gained alot of interest over the past several months. This shale play is still in its early stages but leasing activity has been very active. In tracking information about the operators in this area, I would refer to the Colorado Oil & Gas Commission website for the current status of operations. You might want to read over posts in this forum to better educate yourself about oil and gas leasing as these posts contain great information.

I am wondering if anyone has recent offers ($ For bonus money per acre +Royalty %) for a mineral lease in Morgan and Adams county Colorado? Please let me know.

Thanks

Jake:

You might want to post your question under the "County Group" section above; scroll to Colorado and then Morgan County. This site is exclusively for people interested in Morgan Co.

jake miser said:

I am wondering if anyone has recent offers ($ For bonus money per acre +Royalty %) for a mineral lease in Morgan and Adams county Colorado? Please let me know.

Thanks

Patricia Kern said: I also own mineral rights in Morgan County CO. Recently signed leases for Twp 6 N R60W

6th pm Sec 14:W2 (Vecta ) $50 an acre 5 years. Twp 6N R60W 6th pm Sec 15:N1/2 (GFL) $100 an acre 4 yrs. With a little more research I know I could have made a better deal. Would really like to know what's going on out there and be able to follow progress if any.

jake miser said:

Thanks