Montague County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Ms. Nolen, the chance of a company that does not drill the wells themselves force pooling you is vanishingly small. Is the company trying to lease you an actual well driller/ operator?

Not right now - our leases are in place.

2 year or 3yr lease $500.00 per a/c at at 25 % be sure and get a pew clause with how many ac one well will hold and a release to any thng below a 100 ft. below the deepest depth drilled. and don't let them put you into to big of a pool.

Does anyone have Ellen Klimenko's email address?

For Candace Aleene Chase: ELLEN_KLIMENKO@EOGResoures.com

i have also been calling and emailing Ellen. I got her the first time I called and she said she would talk to the land man regarding out lease and get back to me. I have called her twice and emailed her as well. Now she is out of town till the 19th of Nov. Geez! Wondering now if I should get a the attorney to try getting in touch with her as soon as she gets back. I just want some kind of explanation and I feel that we have one coming. I am getting a little frustrated.

They have to pay 2% above the New York Federal Reserve loan rate unles the lease has a higher rate.

Just on this forum, there must be about 10 of us who are owed significant amounts of money. The story is pretty much the same for all of us, wells in production for more than a year and we haven't been paid. Maybe this is a lesson we need to learn. Start asking for provision in the lease for 18 or 20% interest if they fail to pay out within the 120 days of first sale as it's stated in Texas law. The FED +2% isn't much of a penalty.

EOG is actively leasing. Maybe some publicity would help the cause like taking out a newspaper ad saying here is a list of people who have been waiting for more than a year for EOG to pay them. That might be cheaper than a lawyer. Or maybe we could get a local paper to do a story. Maybe a State Representative could query EOG and ask why so many are waiting for payment.

Lawyers are expensive. I can't afford one and I bet EOG has dozens. I could afford a piece of a lawyer. Maybe we should put an ad in the paper asking for people who have been waiting for payment too long to form a class, get a lawyer, and actively pursue payment. Make some noise. It would also be a public service to let people know that great lease EOG is offering might not be all it's cracked up to be.

So we know there are a bunch of people waiting endlessly for payment. Who is here and HAS been paid promptly by EOG? Let's see the other side of this to get some perspective. How pervasive is this issue?

Your best bet is to go in together as a group, and split the costs pro-rata or find a lawyer who will do it on a contingency or a hybrid hourly/contingency.

Class actions are pretty much dead in Texas and many other states, because of tort reform and conservative courts. The Texas Supreme Court and never, in 30+ years, allowed a class certification to stand. Your best bet is a group action, where the attorney represents a group of individuals, instead of a class action, where a few individuals represent a class of people.

To Sherri Johnson-

Keep on reading these comments. Quite a few of them are about EOG failing to pay promptly.

Thank you Patty! I will be consulting with my lawyer today.

Are you all talking about royalty payments or leasing bonuses? Sometimes royalties are held back until they reach a certain dollar amount.

Royalties. No that's not the case for me. They owe me a considerable amount of money. We have been discussing wells that have been in production for over a year. For me, it's 4 wells now and I've been told they plan to drill more. They wouldn't continue to drill if they weren't making lots of money.

With that amount of money involved, you should have little trouble finding an attorney.

I highly recommend Chuck Bartusch in Muenster, Texas - he is reasonable, VERY familiar with and extensive knowledge of both the Barnett Shale and EOG.

To Mr. Byrd

If your taxes are 7500, they owe you a bucket load of money.

Negotiating a new lease? Ask for 18% interest if you aren't paid within 120 days of first sale!!!!! At least ask, even if you have to give it up, ask. Let them know you are aware people are not being paid within a reasonable period of time.

After doing more research I've learned that Pioneer and EOG owe me a lot of money. I will probably end up having to get a lawyer. Let me know if you want to share one with me!

Right now my plan is to do what I can do before spending money. I have contacted the Attorney General's office and asked for instructions on how to proceed properly and if that fails, I will start contacting elected officials. I will post my results and share with everyone.

Mind sharing your well(s) number?

Patty,

The Railroad Commision may be a better place to start, although they are not very responsive. Your best bet is to get others in the same boat, work out a formula for splitting expenses and recoveries, and see a lawyer.