Mom left us mineral rights

My mom has left us kids some mineral rights, I just received a few energy/oil companies interested in purchasing them.

I have SECTION 27-8N-13E & SECTION 34-08N-13E & SECTION 03-07N-13E

How do i find out anything on these.
CANANN RESOURSES used to send me some info and a check. I never could understand their lingo. But, i know they r letting someone else deal with all the drilling and bo longer have anything to do with it. Im lost…please help for a newby.

They r Located in McIntosh and Pittsburgh Counties, OK.

However, Im in Nevada.

Thank you, Melanie

Condolences on the passing of your mom.

Ignore the offers to buy until you really understand what you own. Lots of letters and calls go out-just fishing.

First thing is to file the probate documents in both McIntosh and Pittsburg County Courthouses along with the names and contact information of all the heirs.

Next, go to Test. Type in 2708N13E into the location box and you will get a list of all the wells that were drilled in that section. Code 1000 is the permit. Code 1001A is the spud (starts drilling), 1002A is the completion report and 1073 is a change of operator, among others. You will not own the entire section. You probably have paperwork that says something like 1/10th undivided interest in SW4 NS4 27-8N-13E which narrows down which part you own and gets you the net acres. A bunch of the wells in section 27 were just sold from Calyx Energy to Arkoma on March 24, 2022. Earlier, Canaan Resources sold to Oenoke Operating. See if any of the names ring a bell with your old checks. Do the same for the other two descriptions. Do you have an old lease or anything that has the descriptions? You can use it to figure out the wells, or we can help you. Looks like you are looking for Arkoma Operations or Calyx Energy IV LLC. Those two still have wells online.

You need to track down which producing wells belong to you and contact the new owners and get the royalties transferred to the heirs’ names. They will have specific paperwork that they will require. (The mineral buyers want that revenue.)

You should also check for unclaimed funds at the state Treasurer’s office in the state where your mom lived, OK, and Delaware (just in case).

Gross Production Look here for wells for production and you can which ones are still online. Use the locations boxes with 08N or 07N instead of a single digit.

Sure is odd my replies are locked out front being posted.

John, where did you post? I will look for it.

Hi i have received a letter from oklahoma mineral owner registry… should i complete this form? it costs $42. I do not mind paying it if u think that this should be a start… i have so much stuff coming in mail. and the monetary amount is different from what i had been told. so unsure of it.

The only official registry for mineral rights is at the county courthouse for a minimal fee. That is where the landmen check for title. Your name and address and description of your acreage needs to be filed there. This other group is a “for profit” group.

1 Like

IT IS A SCAM. Don’t send them any money.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.