Mobil Oil royalties

We recently found out about mineral rights willed to us, and went through the legal process to have family member’s wills probated in OK. I also found a royalty number with Mobil Oil and I have tried to e-mail Exxon Mobil several times with no response. Would anyone know how I might contact about this, as I do have the royalty number. Thanks so much.

What section, township and range? The wells may have been sold. You can look up the well name(s) on the OCC wellrecords site. Look for form 1073 to see if there was an operator change. Test

You might also attempt to contact the Investor Relations department (if you have not already done so) of Exxon since they are usually more responsive to people that have an ownership in mineral rights for wells they have developed. Be prepared to give them the name of the well pad, ID number and address of the well, if you have it.

What I have done in the past that has been successful for me, was to take a picture of the well pad signage and send it to them with your request for information. That allows them to look up the pertinent information quickly and get back to you, usually be email. You will most likely not get someone on the phone.

You did not say whether royalties have been paid out in the past to your deceased family member. If they have not received any royalties in the past, the well may not have been completed or shut in or possibly sold off. But at least you will have some additional information which will allow you to research it further.

Much of the assets of ExxonMobil are now being held by XTO Energy, Inc. But, I would agree with Martha. Look up to see whether XTO is the operator or not first.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.