Mitchell County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Fairly decent flare at Three Span tonight. Windy but at least a twenty foot flame.

Diana,

There are exceptions to every rule, but normally a small weak flame would indicate low carbonate production and a large robust flame would indicate higher production.

Personally I wouldn’t put much into flare size during early stages o of post frac flowback. Would rather wait week or so to see how it is flowing - this is after initial frac fluid recovery and inconsistencies. Gives you a better idea of how well may end up - at least for early production period prior to any decline.

I think I’ve already asked this, but has there been any interest in buying leases?

Rock Man,

I completely agree with you in that the flare probably does not mean a thing as far as gauging what an oil well will do. However, I had much rather see a nice bright flare burning than a dry hole marker. It was asked on this forum as to what was happening at the Three Span well, and being as I was the most likely the closest observer, I am trying to relate what can be observed from a county road 1/2 mile from the well. i.e. tank battery, traffic, flare etc. I am in no way trying to project what the production is or will be, but merely an observation as to what is going on at a moment in time. It may very turn out like the Big K Energy well a short distance away. I hope not.

Flood lights probably means that they are continuing flowback 24/7.

Tanker traffic coming off location with water and oil loads would be something interesting to get a handle on.

Apparently nothing at the Three Span?

OBSERVATIONS AT THREE SPAN WELL

Its been three weeks since flow back started and two weeks since the flare was lit. It is still burning brightly and they are operating under large flood lights at night meaning what? Transport truck traffic has abated considerably. I guess well just have to wait until the W-1 report is filed to learn anything specific.

J Richardson, thank you very much for the update and please continue to keep us posted.

Flowback 24/7 sounds good, but reduced tanker traffic not so good. How long does it usually take until W-1 is filed?

Larry knows how to light up a message board.

I believe this is the Three Span Mapache Unit well I have been reporting on for some time. The flare was shut off Tuesday night but the well was still bathed in flood lights so some type of night operations must be continuing. Rock Man speculated that maybe the operator was satisfied with the flowback results and shut the flare down to save the NG for sale through a future pipeline as flaring it is costing lots of money. I may be mistaken but I believe the tanks are 1000 bbl. tanks.

That is such great news, family owns minerals next door. Please keep us up to date.

what are the Section & Block survey numbers? I’m not familiar with the local landmarks. thanks,

Aaron,

The well is located in the S 1/2 of the NW 1/4, Sec. 3, Block 25, T&P RR Survey

Here is the link to the W-1 on the Three Span Mapache 3.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPubli…

Timothy Terry, I have a couple of properties, call me

325-242-0883 also on Lands of TX one on Hwy 163

THREE SPAN MAPACHE 3 UNIT 1H update

Three span has obtained a permit to drill Mapache ‘32’ unit 1H as an offset to Mapache 3 unit 1H. The well will originate in Scurry Co. in Sec. 32, Block Y, T&P RR about 1/4 mile Northwest of the Lone Wolf cemetery. The horizontal bore will be in a Southwest direction terminating in MITCHELL Co. in Sec. 26, Block Y, T&P RR a short distance from Mapache 3 unit`s terminus.

From reliable sources, the report is that they are pulling 4 to 5 tankers of oil and 2 to 3 tankers of waste water per day off of Mapache 3 unit at this time. My observations seem to confirm this report.

As a point of interest, Mapache is the Spanish word for raccoon.

For those that can read well logs, here is the path of the Mapache3 Unit:

Thank you for the info Larry. Do you or anyone else know what kind of numbers the Three Span Mapache well is producing? Our land is about 1.75 miles ssw of there so we are very interested. Thanks again and enjoy your weekend!