Mitchell County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Dominion of Midland is sending out insane inflated offers stating, ". I need to let you know up front that we have
experienced a few issues with the available mineral lease data concerning
certain large producing units in Mitchell County, Texas. This has led to
certain offer amounts being overstated and incorrect. "

My offer letter was 14 million

Hmmm…interesting offer.

I’d sell for half that…!

LOL, I told them it would take me a few hours to get there to get my check, I need to go buy my new jet first!!!

I’m not hearing anything at all. Is there anything producing?

Where are McGee and Morris located? Inside Mitchell County?

Is anything at all happening south of Interstate 20?

Hello Brit,

Looks like we are neighbors. I live in Flint. I’m not Cheryl, but maybe this will do.

Adoue–1H API# 335-35739

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?meth…

Jan 4, 2014 Rig Count Comment

Overall, the total drilling rig activity stayed flat over the holidays with very few changes in rig mobilizations. The most active area in the region in Martin county did see a decline in activity losing 3 active rigs but is still at the same level of drilling as it was 8 weeks ago when news first stated coming out about Pioneer’s success there. More importantly, the number of horizontal rigs working there is still similar to recent weeks.

Another interesting shift over the past month is the increase in activity in Mitchell county. This area is to the East and somewhat North from the known hotspots of the Cline, but it does directly border Howard county that currently has a considerable amount of drilling activity. Mitchell county only had 1 active rig at Thanksgiving which had increased to 5 by Christmas. The activity still solely consists of exploratory vertical rigs at this point, but the quick increase points to one or two operators that are seeing something they are very intrigued by. One possible suspect is the tightly-held FireWheel Energy that has previously extended the commercial successes of the Cline Eastwards into neighboring Sterling county.

In the coming weeks as operators begin their 2014 budget outlay and Q4 earnings are announced, expect plenty of shifting activity as producers seek out the best potential geology for the current market conditions.

Cheryl,

On Nov 5 you reported Adoue IP was 427. Can you provide a link to that data?

Thanks, Clint. And yes, Flint is nearby; just drove through there Friday. I tried to get this data starting from the RR GIS site, apparently you need a better way.

Does anyone have any more data on the Adoue well? Last data i have is for September production and it isn’t anywhere near 400 BOPD. Does anyone know about the gas situation here? Thanks!

So quiet… I guess that is not a good sign. However, we are coming up on two years since the height of the activity and I know there were plenty that signed prior to that. Has anyone been approached about a lease renewal after the initial 3 year term? I am sure that activity (or lack of) will tell us a lot about what is actually going on.

I have 3 different friends, who live out of the area, just found out that they have minerals, Could you please let me know if anyone is still leasing in the Mitchell County and if so who, please let me know or have them give me a call please.

325-242-0883

Not sure what it means, however we did receive a 1099 from Devon last Nov. 2013, our lease is not up until April of 2015

Sorry I meant W-9, lol

Rebecca, my wife received the same. I called them and was told they are just getting prepared if/when they use their 2 year extension. The 3 year terms are getting close to expiring.

Any news in Mitchell County? I think our lease (Firewheel) expires in Dec. We havent gotten a W9. Guess nobody’s interested…

Is there any hope in the foreseeable future for Mitchell County?

Thank you Aaron, interesting…

I noticed that Firewheel actually has been selling interests to Devon, went on RR site, and there were 17 new permits for oil drilling in Mitchell alone from 4/29 - 5/14

I look at it this way, with all the developers buying land, (I know I am a Realtor) and the pipelines, and the new Gas Plant and Desal plant, they are not dumping money into Mitchell county for just a tax write-off lol

Good news for a change, Rebecca. Good to know.