Mitchell County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I don’t find the title oil and gas completion query. All I see is production data query?

Go to" Data", and then click on " Online Research “, and then click on " Oil and Gas Completion Query”. Fill in your perimeters such as county and dates. When the list comes up just choose a well and then click on W-2.

Jennifer,

Try this:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/publicSearchAction.do?formData…

Clint Liles

My neighbor, who works on the financial side, said that wells with less than 200 BOE IP are not producing enough to justify drilling at today’s fracking costs - something like $250K - $350K per stage and perhaps 25 stages for a horizontal. In fact, he believes that one needs about 600 BOE IP, given the drop-off factor over time, to justify drilling.

Prices for gas are currently too low to justify a gas well no matter what the production level. Gas wells will have to wait for new LNG facilities near the coast, and approvals to sell overseas.

Drilling costs are stable, but costs for fracking (completion) are coming down, so lower producing oil wells will eventually be worth drilling, but that’s also a few years away.

Another hope is for the drillers to find a way to get more oil out of the formation. Sometimes that’s possible with a more complex run through the shale.

Clint, it worked thanks!

They are still drilling in Barnett Shale…not like they were, but still see an occasional drilling rig even with low gas prices!

Yes we signed a year ago and we are pretty well in the middle of Mitchell county. thanks for asking.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/06/occidental-pipeline-cline…

I do not know about the time of the placement of pipeline but our farm is under contract for the replacement of old pipeline. We have not been given a time but I believe they can begin at any time. We are about 5 miles South of the tank farm.

Hopefully this a word of encouragement, there are still a lot of businesses coming into the area and buying, developers are working on platting and the infrastructure of Colorado City, and surrounding areas, don’t lose hope as there is a lot of money being spent here, and that is all I can say right now.

Has anyone been approached by Compadre Royalty, LLC?

we Have been contacted by at least 3 firms wanting to buy our mineral rights. offering anywhere from 1 to 2 thousand an acre

Must be renewed interest because we have received new inquires for royalty.

Mr. Biggs… are they offering to buy or lease?

We got an offer ranging from $2500-$4500! Somebody must know something! That is the highest that we have received.

buy

Plus if they hit oil, it will be an oil check for several years not just one check that usually gets spent before you know it.

I have been contacted this week to allow them to enlarge the pipeline across my property so it is sounding better.

that would be over a million for some of us…hard to pass up

What they usually say is up to a certain amount on these offers. I think someone called and they immediately were offered much less! I have said before my dad always said whatever they offer the true value is much, much more!