Mitchell County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Heard rumor of completed well North of I-20. Any truth?

Thank you Wade!!!

My family leased our land to Texas County Exploration Corp. last year our land is located on Iatan road. We also have a man interested in leasing surface to put his company so maybe there is movement soon.

I like how you think Otis…

How far north are you on 208? Didn’t know for sure where your property was. Good luck making a surface lease with someone.

Our property is not on 208. We are in either side of 153 with the north side being 151.

@Carol. Howdy neighbor.

Wallace? as in 80 John Wallace? daughter married to Trsvis Branch?

Travis

Ooops Toni. I just re-read that. We are actually North of the Long place. Between them and the old Wallace place. Keith - I haven’t done any research but I doubt the Wallace’s were connected to 80 John. Interesting question though. Thx.

Thanks for the update Toni. I’m willing to bet that the lid is about to blow off of this thing. I’ve had several calls on our property on North 208 that we are open to surface lease for development. Most people want to buy and I don’t blame them for that but in many cases the larger companies want to just lease for tax write off purposes and less hassle. I’ve stated before, no negative thoughts coming from this camp. Pennies from heaven on the farm side. Most of us have family up there smiling and working on a few dollars from heaven on the oil side…

Otis, We really like Steve and Lisa at 7 Wells Pump. Good neighbors… They will be good to do business with.

Where from our house is your old home property? I always knew you and Cole were buds and ran around together but I don’t remember where you lived.

Yes Maam Toni. I started to mention the Longs as well. About all that’s left are some trees near the road where the house was plus some old corrals and maybe a dilapidated barn. The farm property we kept is actually across the road from there. I rode that bus many times myself.

Are you ontheway to Buford? How close to Neff’s?

Toni. Thanks for the recommendation on Steve and Lisa. I feel good about working with them and need to get that moving. Our grandparents house was where Melvin and Cindy Gale lived when it burned down…in the 70’s I think. Property is West of where Richard Gale lived forever until he retired. Also just South of the old Wallace place where Malinda Cook lived. I think Mark Rasche lives there now.

my property is on Iatan road starts at intersection of Old CC And goes north any activity near there?

Otis, Is it the place south of where Jack and Billie Marie long lived?

I remember where Malinda Cook lived, passed by it on bus 20 (Bo Merket’s bus) on my way home from school. Think she lived with her grandmother Mallie (?)

Toni,

1/4 Sect. 4 1/2 miles from I-20 intersection near DQ. Thanks for the well wishes. We have seen a lot of interest from as far away as Minnesota. Met a lawyer and investor from there on Tues. Seemed like really good folks and they are working on ways to work some sort of lease instead of outright purchase. I told them I would also be happy to help them if they purchase someone else’s land and recommended a couple of spots. Also have mtg 7-1 with a friend from here that we are probably going to do something with for sure. He is bringing his dirt contractor from here when we go. I need to talk to all local contractors there first before we go with someone from “out of town”. Anyone please chime in on recommendations for dirt and electrical. I’m already talking to the Rich’s (7-Wells) for water well and septic. We also still have the old home property just a stones throw (as the crow flies) from your place but that’s being farmed and not gonna change as long as we can help it. Mamma and Pappas “pennies from heaven”. I had a lot of GREAT times with Cole at your place after riding my big ole Shetland pony over there many moons ago.

Carol,

Without measuring, I’m going to say 3 miles past the Neff’s on the West side of the road. County Road 151 dead ends into the Southeast corner of the property. Property is in CRP. Also, the 1/2 mile of frontage is just to the South/C-City side of the Pizza sign.

Old CC is Colorado City road. We are near the Old Carr community my Dad went to school at Carr. We are on Iatan road off ramp 199.

Sorry I had cataract surgery and will give you my land info now! It is

E/2 of Section 21,N/2 of Section 22, and NW/4 of Section 23, all in Block 29,T-1-N, Mitchell County Texas