Mitchell County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

From thee article/s I’ve read this may be more of a bust than a boom. Is there any truth to this pessimistic viewpoint?

Too early to be pessimistic! Companies are still getting leases and ratifications. ND workers are moving to TX according to some reports. It should take off soon. We all want it yesterday and it may be way too early to expect much. It took about 2 years at least for Eagle Ford to start booming. Last time I was in Colorado City, I saw more vehicles than I can remember ever seeing there. Be patient! Devon officials said in one article I read they were holding off on Cline because they can go after it anytime. They want to see what else is there. Remember the Cline is the lowest level of the Wolfberry. (I think that is the correct name)

The McGee tower is down, do we know any updates?

Miss Trudy… keep us up to date on those old wells. There’s a lot of open land in Howard County. thanks

I have a cousin that owns mineral rights in Howard Co. She told me yesterday they are reopening some of the wells that were shut down over there to see if they can get more oil from fracking. In the meantime I am still waiting for one of the companies to lease our rights in Mitchell Co.

They have been moving the rig from the Vic Adoue all day…looks like to the north west part of the county. There is some activity on the Morris pad but don’t think this rig is going there,

I knew I was posting too early and without the benefit of caffeine!

We still have some unleased land in Mitchell County also. J.L. Davis has exec. rights, and he owns considerable acreage in Mitchell County in addition to ours. He has been waiting til the price is right for leasing. It would appear that no one is paying top dollar right now.

I would say he waited too late unless we start hearing some bigger well numbers.

The rig from Vic Adoue did go to the Morris site.

Where is the Morris site?

8 or 10 miles NW of CCity. It is where Preston Morris’s house is located and south of Carl and Sue Gulker’s place.

Any completion activities out there? Seems to be plenty of drilling, but little completion.

Can we get our map guru to put up another map with the well sites again?

It appears that Devon is encroaching upon Laredos territory. Their new Richburg well permit is just a little over a mile on the lateral bore from Laredos Treadaway well. Devon-Richburg Sec.s 17 down into 20, Block 24 T&P RR survey.

Where is the best place or the best way to map T&P RR by section, block, etc.? Thank you!

Ed-

The interactive map on the GLO website is best.

http://www.glo.texas.gov/GLO/agency-administration/gis/index.html

As usual, your information is very thorough and well written Wade. Thank you.

McGee well update: Frac pond still filling. Scheduled to begin frack job later this month.

Adoue well update: Trucks hauling water in for that frac have had some delays due to the river being up and not being able to cross after a couple of good rains.

anyone know how to reach someone with Lincoln Land & Title LLC; they signed a few peoples around here and need to reach their landman. thanks in advance

Carol, the McGee well is just north of I20 and west of SH1229. According to Toni on Tuesday, they have completed drilling, but are scheduled to frac later this month. Don