Mitchell County, Texas Leasehold Values

I have been approached by an oil company interested in leasing/buying my undeveloped

mineral rights in Mitchell County, Texas. I am interested in any input regarding recent

transactions in this county.

I don't know about the activity, however, the latest US Lierle price report reflects bonus payments ranging from $75 to $200 with royalty rates of 3/16ths to 1/4th.

Gail Cotton said:

I don't know about the activity, however, the latest US Lierle price report reflects bonus payments ranging from $75 to $200 with royalty rates of 3/16ths to 1/4th.

Thanks very much. Is this specific to Mitchell County?

Would you be able to get the same information fo Houston County, Tx area. Have heard a wide spread of figures being offered.

Gail Cotton said:

Gail - does the range of $75 to $200 apply to all of Texas or a specific area of Texas. I don't have access to the US Lierle report. Thanks

larry p schumann said:

Gail Cotton said:

Thanks very much. Is this specific to Mitchell County?

Hi Larry. Several landmen were offering $150 per acre bonus and 3/16ths royalty in NE Mitchell County. From a lawyer who is handling several thousand acress in leases, some oil companies are currently paying around $275 per acre and 1/5th royalty. Good luck!

We just leased 3240 acres in Mitchell Co. For $650/acre bonus for 3 yrs with a 1/4 of 1/4 royalty

The US Lierle Price report shows $75 as most common to $200 on the high side with 3/16ths-1/4th for royalty. This is for leasing and not buying. There are lots of people out there who buy minerals if you're interested in selling.

I never use the US Lierle Price report as the "be all and end all". I merely use it as a tool and a beginning point.