Mississippian Carbonate Play - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Ralpr,

You always come up with some very good reading material. Keep up the good work. Thanks for posting.

Clint Liles

060412 Osage Exploration and Development Press Release - FYI

The recently spudded well in Oklahoma is looking darn good as far as Initial Production (IP) rates go. There are other references which may be worth your time.

Regards,

Ralpr

Thanks for your kind comment Clint!

Regards,

Ralpr

Ralpr, A wealth of information. Thank you!

Kaye, You’re most welcome!

Regards, Ralpr

I've noticed some here are able to translate well names into sec/township/range identifiers. I haven't figured out how to do that yet. If somebody cares to coach me a little on that it would be appreciated. Here's an article about Redfork completing a well in Pawnee county.

--------------------------------

Red Fork starts production testing of Oklahoma Mississippi Lime well

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 by Bevis Yeo

Red Fork starts production testing of Oklahoma Mississippi Lime well

Oklahoma focused Red Fork Energy (ASX: RFE) has completed reservoir stimulation operations at its Blair 1-24H well and has started flowing back frac fluids at 100 barrels per hour. The Mississippi Lime oil and liquids well was the subject of 11 frac stages over the full length of its lateral. Testing is continuing and further updates will be provided. Meanwhile, production testing of the Abunda 1-21H well at the Big River project in Pawnee County, Oklahoma, is continuing. Red Fork noted that while there are high fluid levels in the wellbore, some intermittent oil and gas is being produced and no peak flow rate has been reported as yet. It added the peak rate will be reported once it has established that the fluid level has been sufficiently lowered to enable the well to unload.. Red Fork is also waiting to complete and production test its McMurtry 1-22H and McMurtry 1-21H wells. Proactive Investors is a market leader in the investment news space, providing ASX “Small and Mid-cap” company news, research reports, StockTube videos and One2One Investor Forums.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/29728/red-fork-...

DOE sees vast energy potential in residual oil zones (ROZ)

Here's an excellent article by the editors of OGJ.

ROZ is in San Andres formation and other formations in the Permian Basin - FYI.

Joy,

Ralpr

Larry,

Go to this website http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/how-i-found-my-oklahoma-drilling-permits and type in the Well Name.

If the Well Name is HOBBS 1-30H27, just enter HOBBS, you do not need to enter any dates. Example

Enter 1000 for drilling permits

Enter 117 for API, this is the county code for Pawnee County

Enter Well Name

Then select search. You will get a list of all the wells in Pawnee county with the name you entered. In the second column you will get the information your looking for.

Larry,

I should have said the THIRD column for the well location. This will be the Section, Township, and Range, then a discription of the well within the Section.

Pioneer Natural Resource's Q2 results - FYI

Joy,

Ralpr

Thank you Daniel - it was helpful and appreciated.

For the general topic of the thread -here's an interesting teaching article written last year about the Mississippian Lime formation.

http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=13940&mn=621&pt=msg&mid=10419342

FYI - It appears that Chesapeake Energy may have sold their producing interests in the Midland Basin to EnerVest.

"During the 2012 third quarter, Chesapeake expects to enter into agreements to sell three Permian Basin asset packages. A Purchase and Sale Agreement (PSA) has been signed with affiliates of Houston-based EnerVest, Ltd. for the company’s producing assets in the Midland Basin portion of the Permian Basin. Bids have also been received and accepted on two other packages in the Delaware Basin portion of the Permian Basin. Chesapeake is currently negotiating PSAs for the two Delaware Basin packages with the goal of entering into PSAs in the next 30 days and closing the transactions in the 2012 third quarter. Negotiations for the sale of substantially all of Chesapeake’s remaining midstream assets are also underway with GIP, which has an exclusive offer right until August 13, 2012. Chesapeake also expects to close various other asset sales during the 2012 third quarter."
A Form 8-K regarding Chesapeake Energy has been filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
To View the filing please click here

If you are unable to click on the link above, please copy and paste the URL below into a web browser
http://www.chk.com/Investors/Pages/SEC.aspx

Hey everyone! After reading a few posts, I see the Mississippi extends into Kansas and possibly further. Has anyone heard if the play extends into the Eastern counties of Colorado? I own quite a bit of mineral interest over in the central eastern part of Colorado. I have been approached by a couple "brokers" this year but the offers were extremely low. ie: 5+5 yr lease, $100 pnma, 15% royalty. I have heard that they were leasing for Pioneer Natural Resources. Anyway, if anybody has any good nuggets of info. on Colorado, please share!!

Welcome Ms. Bynum, The Mississippian Carbonate Play is very large in areal extent, as you know. I’d direct you to some of the earliest posts on this discussion board for maps and such.

As you are no doubt aware, you’re probably in the DJ Basin Play - which is heating up. The wild thing is that plays as mapped by companies are not showing the entire plays - for obvious reasons. I’d say contact your Colorado Oil & Gas Commission and see if they have some geologic maps in your areas for purchase… Plus other sources - universities, USGS, etc. will be very helpful, too.

Look at other areas on the Forum - Colorado and formations and counties will be of keen interest for your research and production efforts. Lease rates, surface rights, terms are all discussed. 25% RI, and 3 years are typical these days. I don’t know about bonus rates for your area. The most important thing is to know exactly what your mineral ownership is for all of your properties. That is something you will have to track down from your county office that handles mineral deeds. In Texas it is the County Clerk who is in charge of mineral deeds. This is just for starters!

Best, Ralpr

Thanks Ralpr- I appreciate the help!

You’re welcome Ms. Bynum. Plus, when a lease offer is received, consult with a professional to advise on what to do - either a land man/minerals manager and/or a Oil and Gas Attorney. Attorneys generally cost more… Do not let a energy company have you Paying for the production costs such as compression, etc. - those costs of producing should be paid by the producer - not the mineral owner/royalty interest owner!!!

CHK selling Producing Assets in Midland Basin - excluding Non-producing assets!

FYI It's important to understand that the CHK sale to EnerVest is only for producing properties - excluding non-producing properties in the Midland Basin. CHK is still mulling their options in these areas - they may still produce the properties themselves or partner up, etc.

Regards,

Ralpr

I have a producing well that I didn't know about for 19 months. When I got the first check there were production charges for the first 5 months. The next 5 months they charged me again, but then backed out those charges.

Is it possible to recover the production charges?

Play Analysis and Digital Portfolio of Major Oil Reservoirs in the Permian Basin by Dutton, Kim, and Breton as an Inter-Agency Report

Hello,

Check out this reference - it's like finding Antique, Mint-condition, Baseball and Football cards in the attic - except better!

Joy,

Ralpr

http://www.chk.com/news/articles/Pages/1734237.aspx

FYI - Chesapeake keeping undeveloped, non producing acreage ~470,000 Net Mineral Acres in Midland Basin for either selling or developing later. Hopefully this is good news.

Regards,

Ralpr