Mississippian Carbonate Play - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Very interesting–thanks for the very informative info.

Mr. Mercer, No prob! Google the Des Moines newspaper and oil leases and check it out. If that is piquing your curiosity that is - the other stuff is accessible and widely dispersed.

Regards,

Ralpr

I will–had no idea it went that far. How far south into Texas could it go and is it the same zone we see in West Texas and the Permian Basin?

Hi Mr Mercer, Check the map out for our group here - yep, it’s in the Permian Basin in Texas! It’s a lot deeper in the Permian though v. Kansas and Oklahoma, etc.

Happy Trails!

Ralpr

http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/fs20123051?from=home

USGS Article - FYI

Assessment of remaining recoverable oil in selected major oil fields of the Permian Basin, Texas and New Mexico

Mississippian Limestone Play in Midland Basin

"My Top Junior Stock Oil Stock in the Permian Basin" - Oil and Gas Investments Bulletin, Keith Schaefer - Publisher and Author of the Article.

This is an very interesting article for our Group here. I like that the Mississippian Limestone is mentioned and that is coming down the pipe!

Joy,

Ralpr

Barron's Article by Kopin Tan - mentions Missississipian Lime Play.

Devon Energy: Undervalued and Underated article by Kopin Tan in Barron's.

I'd like to add some color to the article by Keith Schaefer, Publisher and Author of Oil and Gas Investments Bulletin, titled "My Top Junior Oil Stock in the Permian Basin". The take home message is he thinks the information on the Mississippian Carbonate Play is three (3) months away from being announced on it's potential in the Southern Midland Basin by Chesapeake Energy.

THAT will be interesting! Let's keep our ears to the ground.

Regards,

Ralpr

Market Watch Press Release from Pioneer Natural Resources' Q1 Press Release

FYI - It has several mentions of the Mississippian LS and expected EURs, etc. and their target goals per Pioneer Natural Resources. Mississippian Carbonate/Limestone Play is getting more mention in press releases in Texas.

Acid Mine Water for Fracking? By MATT HUGHES of The York Daily Record

Very interesting article - is there wastewater in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas, etc. that could be used instead of freshwater for fracking? Is the drilling wastewater just too high in Total Dissolved Solids (TDS - salt, etc.) to be useful for fracking? It looks like it is directly related to the distance from the source to be economical (like most goods and services).

Regards,

Ralpr

Chesapeake Energy Corporation Reports Financial and Operational Results for the 2012 First Quarter (5/1/2012) - FYI

(Mississipian Limestone/Carbonate) Results in N. Oklahoma and S. Kansas

Mississippi Lime (northern Oklahoma, southern Kansas): Chesapeake’s approximate 2.0 million net acres of leasehold is the largest position in the Mississippi Lime play. Production for the 2012 first quarter averaged 12,800 boe per day, up 22% sequentially compared to the 2011 fourth quarter. Approximately 40% of total Mississippi Lime production during the 2012 first quarter was oil, 15% was NGL and 45% was natural gas. The company has drilled 130 horizontal producing wells since 2009 with results that have been attractive and consistent. Well costs in the Mississippi Lime play are more than 50% less than typical wells in the Bakken play, resulting in very strong rates of return for the Mississippi Lime Play. The company is currently operating 22 rigs in the play and will maintain that level throughout the remainder of 2012. Chesapeake is currently pursuing a joint venture transaction on its leasehold and expects to announce a transaction in the next few months.

Three notable recent wells completed by Chesapeake in the Mississippi Lime during the quarter are as follows:

• The Rudy 20-26-13 1H in Woods County, OK achieved a peak rate of 325 bbls of oil, 150 bbls of NGL and 2.8 mmcf of natural gas per day, or approximately 950 boe per day;
  • The Leeper Trust 9-25-12 1H in Alfalfa County, OK achieved a peak rate of 525 bbls of oil, 70 bbls of NGL and 2.0 mmcf of natural gas per day, or approximately 930 boe per day; and
  • H J Davis 24-29-10 1H in Alfalfa County, OK achieved a peak rate of 640 bbls of oil, 40 bbls of NGL and 1.2 mmcf of natural gas per day, or approximately 880 boe per day.

Drilling Info article about Mississippi Lime Play by Matt Menacha - fYI

Lots of pertinent information for folks in OK and KS.

Regards,

Ralpr

My Take on Sandridge by Michael Filloon in SeekingAlpha.com

Great article by Writer Michael Filloon of SeekingAlpha.com about Sandridge Energy and their strategic thinking about the Central Basin Platform in Texas and the Mississippian Carbonate (Lime) Play in Oklahoma and Kansas (and the Play is expanding into Texas, etc). The greener method for fracking production waters being used by Sandridge sounds just nifty!!! CEO says SD will triple in price for it's stock in 3 years - definitely gets my attention!

Happy Mother's Day!

Regards,

Ralpr

Barrons.com article by Writer Gabriel Sorbara "Three Picks in the Permian"

FYI - It doesn't give any prominence to the MIssissippian Carbonate (Limestone) Play at all. So, there you have it.

Regards,

Ralpr

Chesapeake Confident on Asset Sales, Shares Rise

CNBC.COM article (Reporting By Anna Driver in Houston, Matt Daily in New York and Svea Herbst in Boston, Editing by Gerald E. McCormick and Jeffrey Benkoe)

Talks about Mississippian Lime play asset sales in OK and KS still going as planned.

An Oil Monster Hardly Anybody Sees Coming - SD, CRL, CHK by Bryan Murphy of the Small Cap Network

Very interesting stock pumping article concerning Circle Star Energy and talking about prospects for the MIssissippi Extension. What's the Mississippi Extension? Read about it here.

Regards,

Ralpr

Geology.com article "The Barnett Shale Gas Boom" by Marc Airhart, Jackson School of Geosciences, The University of Texas at Austin

The cool thing about this article is that the Mississippian Carbonate Formations are mapped (still expanding Play as you know) and include the Permian Basin of Texas info.

I thought I'd bring this old, but great, article to your attention.

Regards,

Ralpr

Let me add that other areas of Texas (bottom of the Panhandle) are featured in the Mississippian Carbonate Play as referenced below in the map (halfway down the article) per the last comment.

Regards,

Ralpr

Does anyone have an idea where I can find historic water production for older vertical mississippi lime wells?

Mississippian Lime Play: The New Bakken? CNBC.com article by Reporter Bertha Coombs - FYI

Enjoy,

Ralpr