Minimal Annual Royalties

My family owns a very small decimal mineral rights that pays about $12 per year. We have tried selling to the production company but there is no interest. Is there a charitable organization that one can donate these rights to without incurring prohibitive transfer costs?

You can assign your minerals to any charitable organization of your choosing. You would just need to contact the organization and deed them your minerals. You might want to speak to an accountant on the tax treatment and filing.

I received a message asking the location of these minerals. They are in Ellis County, Oklahoma.