MineralTracker - mineral management software

Looking for general information from anyone who has signed up for this service. I am trying to gather data on royalties received as it relates to a non-leased well. Thank you.

Never heard of it. Do you have an online link? I use Excel to track mine.

I do. Thank you for replying. Trying to gather info to determine where we are with the amount of risk penalty that has been paid.

I would contact the operator directly.

We are going to try that. Our ND attorney suggested having as much information as reasonable before approaching the oil company with a proposal that we have satisfied the risk penalty amount. Our ND accountant suggested the company MineralTracker for gathering production and royalty data. I take it you have not used this company?

I have never used them.

Hi! New to all of this. I have a spreadsheet that I suspect will get unwieldy quickly. Was hoping to utilize Quickbooks in some capacity to track income from Royalties on producing wells. however the investment in the tracts I booked as an asset so I don’t know how to book income against it while I assign a well as a sub-account of the tract of land. Does anyone have any tips for using Quickbooks or a decent excel template that I could compare to the one I built for good record keeping? Thanks! Not sure if I am even posing in the right area!

I have been looking for a software program that someone may have known of, to track royalties myself. The only thing I could come up with was an excel spreadsheet. If QuickBooks would work, I would love to hear about it. We currently use Quickbooks for our business, but I’m not sure how to set it up for royalty income.

If you or anyone figures it out, please share! This would be a great idea for a computer designer! Good luck!

MineralSoft does this and I am scheduled to have a demo/have done some research. Worry about cost associated with it? I think it would be amazing if QuickBooks would come up with a Minerals or Oil & Gas Version. :slight_smile: I think they would get a ton of people to purchase. I was thinking in QB that you could have each well be an account and it would be an easy way to book income/expense, but not sure if that gives the level of detail really needed. I have my spreadsheet, but man it feels super clunky. Would you be open to sharing your template (just formulas and headers, no identifying or sensitive information obviously) with me?