Minerals Rights Purchase Offer in Canadian County

Mineral Rights Forum,

I recently received an offer from BCF Minerals Tulsa to purchase my share of mineral rights related to land owned by myself and several other family members located in Canadian County (1.5 mineral acres located in Sec 31, TWN 13N, RNG 8W). The offer was for $27,000 ($18k per mineral acre) and was subject to numerous conditions and stipulations. My father, who is also a share owner of the property, received the same offer. I have begun to research the topic of mineral rights sales and leasing but have come to appreciate how complicated and involved this matter can be so I am looking for information related to oil/gas/mineral production in that section of Canadian Co., as well as, an educated opinion on the above offer. Thank you very much for your time,

K. N. Koch

Don't ever sell your minerals. That's the only advice I have. I've got minerals in Canadian County and have been receiving offers about once a month for years. My suggestion is just to sit on them. Eventually they'll have to give you some $$ as a leasing bonus or drill and maybe one day royalties. I'm new to this mineral stuff too and I'm learning as I go.

Thanks David.

Yes, I have spoken to a Landman representing the company and they have sent an offer letter. I did a little research and BCF appears to be a legit, although small, company.

Well then that does sound like they are ready to move forward. I have not received an offer that high, but I own a different section. It is a hard decision to make. I know everyone always says to not sell, but you need to just decide if you want the money now or can you wait to see if you can get high royalties down the road?