Minerals owned by Thelma Harwell in Hockley County Texas

Good morning, my Grandmother is trying to find out about any activity on land that her family has in Hockley County around Smyer. I believe this property is RB Longbotham League, Abstract #16 block or tract #2 , around 50 acres.

David,

the last activity I find for the area is next door to the South of A-16. A vertical well was drilled and completed Sept 2012.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=WEEKS%2BB&univDocNo=486973361

There are numerous older vertical wells in the area that have been producing for more than 20 years. These wells are still producing about 200 barrels per month from the clearfork formation. One of the major producers in this area is Texon Oil Co. At this time I see no new activity.

GIS Map of Hockley County A-16/Block A/Section 95 and surrounding area:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Good afternoon Clint, thanks so much for the reply. I actually put the wrong information, the land is located at Labor twenty three in league No.1 of the jones county school lands of Hockley County Texas containing 177.1 acres.

David

David,

I think I got this right. The Labor and League thingy I'm no to sure about. Section-League 1/A-15-/Jones CSL........to the West in Section 16/A-13 are 2 permits to drill wells 37403 and 37417. http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=SPADE%2BJ%2BUNIT&univDocNo=490766768

That is the latest activity I find in the area.

GIS Map of Hockley County Section-League 1/A-150/Jones CSL:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Good afternoon Clint, thank you for the reply on the property. So does that mean they’re pulling permits on my grandmothers land to drill? Or do they have to contact her first?

No David. The 2 permits I'm referring to are for wells in Section 16 next door to the West/Southwest of your Grandmothers acreage(not in the same Section).

Clint Liles

I see, thanks for your help on this issue. If permits are pulled will they let her know?