Minerals in Loving NM

Landman called wanting to buy my mineral rights, we wasn’t aware we had them. Since then I have become personal representative for my dad’s The problem is the Landman told me it looked like we might have some back pay coming but I have researched and cannot find out what is going on. I found the info on the S15 T23s R28e it is the N/2NE/4SE/NE that I can’t find. So I cannot see what is going on or what has gone on in our zone. Any help would be appreciated.

image NM Oil Conservation Division - Imaging System

Have you tried looking up your area on the NM imaging site?

I have looked everywhere, the problem is I can only get so far. I haven’t found where there is a well or not on my minerals and they are drilling behind me and I don’t know if they are coming to My way or not. I can see everything but I dont know how to read it I guess u can say.

What county is Loving in? I can move your post to the correct county. There are some knowledgeable folks in the NM area of the forum that can point you in the right direction.

I’m in Eddie county and not knowing what I was doing posted 2 times. So I need to delete this one. Appricate your help. This is a awsome place. Full of information.

Moved you to Eddy County.

Hi- This area is very active so unless you need to sell, I’d suggest holding your dad’s interest.

In looking at the northern part of Sec15 T23S R28E, it looks like at least 8 producing wells. In addition there is recent permitting with a new horizontal rig that was added this year.

Most of the activity looks to be Chevron (new rig, several of the producing wells) but there are also a couple 1990s wells that look to be in the NE operated by Marathon Oil & Rubicon Oil.

Below are links on the OCD site to wells operated in the northeastern portion of the section. There should be contact information for you to reach out to the operators. They should be able to review your interest descriptions to confirm if their properties include your family interest and see if you have $ held in suspense.

-Marathon Well:OCD Permitting - Well Details

-Rubicon Well: OCD Permitting - Well Details

-NEastern most Chevron Well (there are several in the area to review when you reach out): OCD Permitting - Well Details

-Chevron’s new 2019 Rig:OCD Permitting - Well Details

-Chevron is also operating a salt water brine well in the NE of the section: OCD Permitting - Well Details

I suggest reviewing the links and then reaching out to the operators with your mineral interest description. From there, the operators can confirm if your interest is held by production and can direct you in how to proceed.

It couldn’t hurt to ask the landman that reached out to provide you with any background documents he found on your interest. He may have copies of old leases or titles which are useful to keep.

Good luck!

Thank you so much I have been in touch with chevron and they tell me the seibert isn’t in our zone but will not get back to me on wells that is. Thanks so much for the information.

I cannot speak to Eddy county, but we have done a bunch of research on our mineral rights in Lea county and we started with the Title Company. You can look up the mineral rights you Dad owns in Eddy County. But you have to go to the county seat because that is where the Title company is. At least in Lea county they were there.

Be nice and explain to the people at the title company (generally someone who greets you when you enter) that you have never done this before, but you would like to look up info in their title books.

With the Section Township and Range, go to their books, and start with the RANGE book for R28E. Then look up section and township.

It will list who and when your Dad got the property/mineral rights. Once you find those records, each one will give you Book and Page number. TAKE THAT INFO to the county seat land office. They will show you WHERE to look for the books.

I realize that it seems daunting. I concur that unless YOU go look for this information yourself, you can pay the title company to do an ‘abstract’ on the sec township range and they will. Ours cost more than $1000, but less than $2000 (closer to 2) and after about 18 months, we got our abstract.

That was our starting point. Then after reading the abstract , we realized that we had to go search for our self. But after six year of research we now can say that we KNOW what happened, when, by which family member was involved, and what the current owner ship is.

My family homesteaded 820 acres in Lea county from 1913/1915.

The long story short, we are currently in Lea County court doing a quiet title on our portion. As there is only ONE OTHER family member that owns some.

There are a LOT of things that have happened over the past six years. Included the wife and I retired.

We hope that we will see this all resolved in the next two or three months. With the judgement from the court, we will file the findings from the judge with the county.

THEN we will shop this around to some companies drilling in Lea county

Thank you for the info. This is what I have so far. When the Landman called offering to buy our minerals I had him look into my dad’s. He sent me the information he had. I have deeds going back to 1919. So I was able to see where my dad had them. The Landman also said there was a well we might have some back pay. I did not get the name from him of the well I then started trying to find out what well it was. I went into ocd and could see all wells in the area I put with the section township and range but not all of them was in ours. I tried getting info from chevron who is also drilling wells behind us. With help from this forum I learned the well name and that the new wells chevron is drilling is in ours. Since my mom and dad are deceased I probated for the minerals. And in the process of getting mineral deeds. I don’t know how to tell what is in our zone. I only get as far as the section township and range. Thanks for replying.

Let me help you with the ‘probate’ part of you getting this worked out in your favor.

As of right now you have mineral right that have been in your family. I found that there are two types of titles to that. First is the plain title. The other one is a ‘marketable title’. What that uis you have probated your family will(s). That gives your the title. However to have a marketable title, you must then file that probated will from where ever your parents died. FILE THE PROBATED WILL IN EDDY COUNTY.

When you are done, you will have a Eddy County judge saying that you have a title that Eddy County courts recognize. That is something that CONFIRMS your rights to those minerals.

I’m butchering this explanation, but that is pretty much it. You will want an oil & gas attorney who can file your probated will.

OUR attorney in Lea County included it in the quiet title suit he filed for us.

Contact an attorney in Eddy County and have a quick conversation and ask if they can help.

Hope this gives info and puts you on the path you seek.

jim

thanks appricate it.