Minerals for my kids

My children’s father passed he had mineral rights in Texas. Does the mineral rights get past down to my children… His mom says she gets it . No will

You will want to talk to a lawyer. Texas law provides for “intestate succession” when a person dies without a will. If the person is not married at time of death, the property should pass to children.

Look here:

Under Estates Code 201.001: (a) If a person who dies intestate does not leave a spouse, the estate to which the person had title descends and passes in parcenary to the person’s kindred in the order provided by this section.

(b) The person’s estate descends and passes to the person’s children and the children’s descendants.

1 Like

There are a few factors that go into this… but if your kid’s father died married to someone else, 2/3 would go to the children, and 1/3 would go to his remaining spouse in a life estate. When she dies her 1/3 will go to the kids. If not married at the time of his death, 100% to his children.

Great answers but ultimately you need to get a Texas Attorney.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.