MineraliQ - What do they do?

Is there any benefit to me to join MineraliQ? Not clear on what they do.

They are a free service (at the moment) which can give you a list of wells that they think belong to you. I gave them a look and they only found the wells that they are processing through the EnergyLink (previously Oildex or other services) reporting catalogue. So I found the wells that I already knew about from certain operators that report using EnergyLink (and I had a password for them already), but they did not give me a list of wells that are run by operators not under their purview. Makes sense. I was able to get a nice list of the wells they knew about with operators, API numbers, etc. You can upload other statements to it. Since it is free, it is pretty basic but useful as far as it goes. You can look around the website and see what else they offer.

They have a welcome video under their “learning center” that provides some additional information https://www.mineraliq.com/learningcenter/

This forum is better than Mineral IQ.

1 Like

This forum is great, but MineraliQ provides detailed revenue, well, portfolio and activity information, and as an EnergyLink customer, it’s free of charge (so far)

@DavidR makes a couple of valid points…

a. free (on the surface, for now). Like the internet as a whole… nothing is ever truly free

b. one must remember, the only specific information they possess (to re-display to you) is from the Operators/Rev. Distributors who are paying them for their services. In other words, unless ALL of your Operators are paying customers of Enverus, you are not getting a complete picture of your holdings.

c. also, as related to their rendition of your mineral values - that’s a very very rough cut. Any qualified petroleum engineer will demonstrate many variables that feature is not taking into account. Mineral valuation is no simple formula. Many more complexities than assets like surface land and/or residential housing.

Note that MineraliQ provides the ability to manually add wells, which I have been doing. Many of my wells were added automatically via Enverus/EnergyLink, but I manually added wells for operators not using Enverus. Also, regarding portfolio values, yes, of course, it’s a rough estimate that has many variables. MineraliQ provides links to information regarding portfolio value with a discussion of those variables.

If you own minerals and do not educate yourself you will loose. Hell, Continental ripped me and others. You do not produce gas in the Springer without oil pushed to the surface. I monitored this well and the tank batteries were producing oil. Gas is metered, but oil can be stolen!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.