Mineral Sales and Closing Process

Cockerell Energy LLC offered me $6.500.00 PMA for 15 NMA… $97.500.00 total. There was a TBD associated with exhibit A of the offer. I signed a letter of intent and sent a signed and notarized deed. All the paperwork was correct and proper.

Closing should be on or about 1/30/2020. Hoever, I just recieved a check via certified mail for $5,000.00…not $97.500.00.

Where and what is that? Did the offer change without notifying me? Did the TBD mean that the offer was subject to further determination? Did I just get screwed ?

My blood pressure won’t take much more of this All Bidnuss (oil business) crap.

Anyone want to give me a lesson in “Mineral Rights for Dummies”?

1 Like

Rule #1 is NEVER send an executed deed without funds in hand.

You need to call them immediately to find out what’s up.

1 Like

They NEVER answer a phone. I recieved an email response to a WTF request for more info but the email I got back was more or less a “We will get back to you” brush-off.

I am rereading eberything but it looks like they had the right to change the offer at any time. I never recieved the mandatory notification of change so maybe I am not screwed.

I sure wish I had contacted an attorney before signing anything. If I made a $97,000.00 mistake I won"t sleep very good for years.

They filed your deed today showing consideration of $5k. Are you sure what you own? You should

It could be that you owned less than the 15 nma and they are paying you less for it, which is usually part of the deal. It could be that you owned minerals at a lower royalty rate than they originally expected. A lot of those contracts are quoted at a 3/16, but include language that they can pay you less if you have a lower royalty rate, such as a 1/8. I would continue to try to get more information from the company.

I am not sure what I own. The deed says 1/4 of 60 mineral acres (I think).

Does anyone actually know what they own when it comes to minerals? I have read 100s of questions from confused oeople who kust want a fair deal.

It seems like the poor schmucks who inherented mineral rights (as I did) are the least likely to know what they actually own.

This has become a Circus without Clowns as far as I am concerned. UNLESS I AM THE CLOWN.

Even if I get screwed I will be glad when it is all done and over with. I trust thak Karma will catch up with the shady dealers eventually.

That description is the gross acre tract that you own a part of. I assume you don’t know how many acres you actually owned under that tract. Based on the information provided, they paid you for 0.769 net acres. If you think you owned 15 acres, you should contact an attorney ASAP.

1 Like

It is all fixed now. I was acting on bad information and obsolete property descriptions.

My bad.emphasized text

Thanks to everyone who replied. I owe all of you a beer.

Sincerely Bryan a/k/a “The Moron”

1 Like

Next time, exchange Deed/Lease for check in person.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.