Mineral rights

I have 100% mineral rights in land in Bowie county texas - how do I find out if I have anything worth drilling for?

NOT LEGAL ADVICE

Dear Mr. Columbus,

Go to the Railroad Commission Web site and search for any activity in the vicinity of your land.

Sincerely,

Philip Wynne

Thank you - somehow I did not think it would be hard, but I am finding t is.

Peter Moorman said:

Here is an article about how to get your land leased. Good tips to find out if you have anything worth drilling for.

Thank you = good site - just more work than I thought - was just hoping there was a company I could call to get an assessment done

Philip Wynne said:

NOT LEGAL ADVICE

Dear Mr. Columbus,

Go to the Railroad Commission Web site and search for any activity in the vicinity of your land.

Sincerely,

Philip Wynne

There are subscribtion sites like drilling info that are super fast. You just have to know what to look for. Abstract numbers and survey names of where your property is located is very helpful. I am a member of Drilling Info and can look this stuff up for you for free calle 832-860-3130. I’d love to help

Thank you- I will gladly take any help I can get - will call this morning - or you can call me anytime at (404)406-1108

Bill Jaehne said:

There are subscribtion sites like drilling info that are super fast. You just have to know what to look for. Abstract numbers and survey names of where your property is located is very helpful. I am a member of Drilling Info and can look this stuff up for you for free calle 832-860-3130. I’d love to help

Vic

Here’s an info phone number you can call at Chesapeake in Ft. Worth and they will answer all your questions about where they’re drilling or planning to drill. The number is 817-502-5649. Ask for Marisa. I found her to be very helpful.

Of course, they’re more interested in CHK sites but if you politely ask about other companies, if they know they’ll tell you.

One question about finding out if you have anything worth drilling for - are there other rigs going up around you? If so, get the names & numbers of the company doing the drilling off the signs at the site entrance and call them. Might narrow your search a bit for you.

Good luck!

Jim:

Thanks for the information - I will give it a try and see what happens!

Jim Colley said:

Vic

Here’s an info phone number you can call at Chesapeake in Ft. Worth and they will answer all your questions about where they’re drilling or planning to drill. The number is 817-502-5649. Ask for Marisa. I found her to be very helpful.

Of course, they’re more interested in CHK sites but if you politely ask about other companies, if they know they’ll tell you.

One question about finding out if you have anything worth drilling for - are there other rigs going up around you? If so, get the names & numbers of the company doing the drilling off the signs at the site entrance and call them. Might narrow your search a bit for you.

Good luck!

Jim Colley,

I recently received a letter from Cheasapeak stating they did not renew our leases but are offering new leases for 18 months at $2500 per acre. They do not mention royalties to be paid but stated you negotiated this deal with them. Can you please advise what is going on as our lease has or is running out soon?