Mineral rights

I purchased 80 acres in Redvale Colorado, Montrose County and was fortunate to stumble on 100% mineral/water rights. There are several producing oil wells and a natural gas plant not far and I’m interested in selling/leasing. Any advice?

There is one little gas field called the Montrose Dome in the SW part of the county. If its not close to there, you probably don’t have much.

I appreciate the information. I saw two gas plants on the way up to my property, but since I’ve only been there once, I don’t remember how close it was. I’ll find out more info as I’m interested in selling everything, including the mineral/water rights. Thanks.

Hunter Burdick said:

There is one little gas field called the Montrose Dome in the SW part of the county. If its not close to there, you probably don't have much.

Terance,

Let me know the legal description and I will try and see if I'd be interested in the mineral/water rights. Is the surface for sale too...do you own that?

When I purchased the land, the prior owners were not aware that they owned the mineral and water rights. As a matter of fact, nor did I, until my attorney put the property into an LLC. I do own the surface rights as well. I’ll be back in Phoenix on Monday and then I’ll get all legal descriptions for you.

The legal description to the 80 acres is: S: 35T: 46 R: 14 SENW & NWSW.

Terance Prigge said:

When I purchased the land, the prior owners were not aware that they owned the mineral and water rights. As a matter of fact, nor did I, until my attorney put the property into an LLC. I do own the surface rights as well. I'll be back in Phoenix on Monday and then I'll get all legal descriptions for you.