Mineral Rights

I am new to this game but my father left me and my siblings minerals rights in Marshall County. I am not familiar with the area as we all live in central or southeast Texas. I have the property description:

Township 7 South, Range 4 East

Section 22: the E/2 SE/4

Section 28: SE/4 SE/4, E/2 SW/4 SE/4

Section 33: NE/4 and East 20 acres of Lot 3

Section 34: N/2 NW/4, SW/4 NW/4, NW/4 NE/4, W/2 NE/4 NE/4, N2 SW/4 NE/4, NW/4 SE/4 NE/4

Is anyone familiar with this property or if any drilling has taken place? I have considered making a road trip to OK to check things out. Any help is appreciated!

I am far from an expert, but I have interests in Section 8 and 17, and there is considerable activity there. Drilling 5 wells, I believe, and some adjacent sections I have noticed on this board have producing wells. I had a lot of activity with attempts to purchase my minerals. A good place to start is the OK Corporation Commission web site, where you can see wells producing nearby. Their phone is 405-521-2306 and they are very good at walking you through how to work their site. Let us know what you find out.

Best,

Jill Evarts

Thanks for the help. I will make the phone call.

Jill

Do you think me and my family should find a landman in the area that could help us out?

thanks!

Jill Evarts said:

I am far from an expert, but I have interests in Section 8 and 17, and there is considerable activity there. Drilling 5 wells, I believe, and some adjacent sections I have noticed on this board have producing wells. I had a lot of activity with attempts to purchase my minerals. A good place to start is the OK Corporation Commission web site, where you can see wells producing nearby. Their phone is 405-521-2306 and they are very good at walking you through how to work their site. Let us know what you find out.

Best,

Jill Evarts

That is out of my area of expertise. Maybe others on the board can chime in.

In my experience, landmen call you when they are interested in your mineral rights. I am very surprised that you have not heard from any. I can think of two possible reasons. They all have to do with the county clerk records. Possibly they do not have contact information for you. Or the property may not be listed in your name with the county clerk. I have made several trips to Madill over the years to research properties and learned loads each time. Need to go again, in fact! Years ago the clerk would accept a filing with your contact information indexed to the property locations, you could try that. I think the road trip is a really good idea to get the lay of the land. Neighbors might have time to tell you if they have heard anything. The Oklahoma Corporation Commission has two databases you can search based on the legal description of your property, one for relatively recent cases, and one for all wells ever drilled in Oklahoma. Good luck!

I checked out your sections. Nothing going on in the area. It looks like the surface land is Govt land owned around Lake Texoma. Looks like sections 33 and 34 have been productive in the past. Looks like everything else is currently plugged. I know you asked this a while back but I saw you asked again on the wall posting.

Thanks for the maps very helpful. Do you know the year when those sections you mentioned were last productive? Thanks again

Not right off hand. You can plug in each Section township and range in the format 2207s04e into this website and look at the forms called 1003. Those are the plugging reports on each well

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

Do you know any information about Township 4 South, Range 5 East, Section 33

Thank you

One well was drilled and two others were permitted in 2015, but they are not showing the drilling has started. I sent you a private message.

I have been getting the notices since I am next door. They keep getting extensions from OCC on their drilling permit.

how do I get the private messages....still learning my way around this site. or you can email me at kfranke99@yahoo.com

Jay

Do you happen do know how many acres is involved in the sections I referred to above? XTO asked and I have no idea how to figure it out. You can respond here or to my email address, kfranke99@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Kelly

Kelly each section of land has 640 acres +/- for coordinate corrections. I'll email you as well.