Mineral Rights

I recently received a call from a guy wanting to buy our mineral rights in property in Cherokee County, Texas. Can anyone tell me what is going on there as far as drilling is concerned. I have additional information about the property but thought I would first ask this simple question. We don't want to sell if this is close to producing wells or if something else is going on. I'm pretty uneducated when it comes to this sort of thing.

I will need your legal description of property to investigate further + your contact information

It's the David Reynolds Survey, Abstract 733, Cherokee County, Texas. My number is 832-561-9534.

Michael Hinsley said:

I will need your legal description of property to investigate further + your contact information

Oh gosh maybe I should have asked you to identify yourself before I gave that information. Obviously you are a member. Are you a landman?

It says he is on his home page.

Lisa Billingsley said:

Oh gosh maybe I should have asked you to identify yourself before I gave that information. Obviously you are a member. Are you a landman?

I don't have any personal interest in Cherokee County but I'm willing to help if I can.

Is this bad?

r w kennedy said:

It says he is on his home page.

Lisa Billingsley said:

not to worry

I will not offer any help!

Good job Michael. I am not sure if you are a landman or not but I guess Mr. Kennedy
has a problem with Landmen.

Michael Hinsley said:

not to worry

You would guess wrong. Some people have an amazing knack for reading things into a statement that are not supported by the words themselves. There was nothing negative in what I wrote. The hyperdefensive response makes me wonder though.

jeremy gautreaux said:

Good job Michael. I am not sure if you are a landman or not but I guess Mr. Kennedy
has a problem with Landmen.

Michael Hinsley said:

not to worry

I am a landman and have been in the business for over 35 years.

I pride myself on being honest and trustworthy + I try to help folks when they need it.

I also don't get into "pissing" matches with anyone!

Amazing, how a neutral statement of fact could lead to all this.

I understand what you were saying. That on his home page it says he is a landman. Not that he is not a member but instead is on his home page. I apologize for the misunderstanding. I only asked a simple question. You can never be too cautious on the internet. If Mr. Hinsley would have replied to my question in the beginning all this would have been avoided. Sorry Mr. Hinsley and Mr. Kennedy.

It is difficult to give an answer about any activity in a county without at least giving an approximate location