Mineral Rights Value on 10 Acres of Land

How do I find out the value of mineral rights that I have on 10 acres in Uhrichsville Ohio, Tuscarawas County?

Thanks!

Unlike ordinary real estate, there is not really a service to help with the value of mineral rights. If you have producing wells, then an estimate can be made from the predicted production. There are various methodologies for doing that. The purpose of finding out the value also matters-just curious, filing with IRS for an estate, offer to sell, etc. each have their own requirements (especially the IRS).

The first place to look would be using the OH oil and gas website to see if you have any productive wells.
https://gis.ohiodnr.gov/MapViewer/?config=oilgaswells

Thank you for your response. I’m not sure if there are producing wells on the land. I inherited the mineral rights when my mother passed away suddenly and unexpected. We never really discussed the land/mineral rights. Sometimes you don’t know about all these things, until after a death. I just paid the Real Estate Taxes on the 3 parcels and was just wondering the value of the mineral rights. Thanks for your help. Karen

My condolences. Been there!
If you paid the real estate taxes, then they may have which wells are producing. Generally, the value of the minerals is tied to the production. You may need an evaluation as of the date of death if you ever sell. Easier to do it now closer to the date of death than ten years down the line when data is hard to find. Does your tax form have the names of the wells or the description of the tracts. We are in another state, but ours do.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.